Windows 10: Cortana now working correctly.

Discus and support Cortana now working correctly. in Cortana to solve the problem; Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SmeetParmar, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Cortana now working correctly.

Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command so it responds like i tell open bing so it respond but when i ask online commands like where do you live or how old are you or tell me a joke so it tells i can't connect at the moment try again a little bit. Etc my internet has a very good speed 100 mbps . And i hv reinstall it from Windows power shell i hv signed in and out but still the problem is coming. Please help me i want cortana to respond me

:)

SmeetParmar, Jul 31, 2020

2. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Cortana No longer works correctly

I was able to select between local searches (on my PC) and from the web. That stopped working.

If I ask for a file on my hard drive, it now comes back without results.

I have tried to step through all the troubleshooting commands listed in the Community. No success.

In addition, after trying that, now after I enter a search criteria and hit enter, Cortana blinks off.

Christine WS NC, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Cortana now working correctly.

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Cortana now working correctly.

1. Cortana now working correctly. - Similar Threads - Cortana working correctly

2. Cortana not working correctly.

in Cortana
    Cortana not working correctly.: Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command...
  3. cortana not working

in Cortana
    cortana not working: i just installed windows 10 and when i try to use cortana it shows this pop up tell me how to resolve this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/8afb0c60-8868-4309-9e7b-0f3717ec20ec
  4. Cortana Doesn't Hear me Correctly

in Cortana
    Cortana Doesn't Hear me Correctly: Every time i talk to cortana she says sorry didn t catch that i have talk window support seems they cant fix this problem [Original Title: cortana]...
  5. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana not working: I need help with this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/498b11b8-f308-42d5-8ce1-91e74cffdc25
  6. Disabled Cortana now search bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled Cortana now search bar doesn't work: So I disabled Cortana by the regedit way and by renaming the cortana folder. After doing this my windows search bar and the bottom does nothing when I try and use it. I have tried reversing the disabling of Cortana for a fix but that didn't work as Cortana doesn't show up in...
  7. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not working: Hi all.... I am having trouble trying to get Cortana to work, I click the mike icon and the window appears but it dosent seem to hear me . It asks me to test the mike and I speak and it says its fixed but its just the same. When I press the windows button and C the window...
  8. Cortana Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working correctly: So, for a couple days my cortana search is not working correctly. When I have it set to the icon, if I have another application focused, clicking on the cortana icon to search will not bring up cortana. Only way to bring up cortana after pressing the icon, is to go into an...
  9. My cortana works before, but now never works

in Cortana
    My cortana works before, but now never works: Hi, May I know how to reset cortana completely? It worked before but now never works, it always says cannot connect to internet, please try again later....
  10. Cortana not showing correct language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not showing correct language: Hi, I have a strange one with Cortana, as far as i can tell i have all my settings correct [img] [img] However, Cortana is not working, when i click the settings for Cortana to change language, UK is not shown, and just complains that its not the same as my settings...