Windows 10: Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT

Discus and support Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cortana expands home automation skills, making it easier for you to control your smart home devices while on the go. [img] Cortana helps make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT

Source: Hey Cortana, turn up the heat; Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Feb 15, 2018
  2. gary_dps Win User

Cortana is useless.

I use all of the assistants and I agree with Francis that Cortana is the worst. Luckily it can be disabled. Although you could argue that it's already pretty disabled because it's so badly implemented! LOL!

Alexa is really good and I love the way it integrates so well with smart home gadgets, IFTTT, and accessing music.

Cortana feels like it's at least 5 years out of date. Give up on it Microsoft, or licence Alexa or Google's assistant.

gary_dps, Feb 15, 2018
  3. texasRay Win User
    Cortana connect with SmartThings not working

After hearing about the new IFTTT functionality that Cortana had acquired lat week, I decided to try adding Samsung Smarthome via the Cortana Connected home interface. To my surprise, it seems to work now!

I'm not sure how much she can do, as she says I don't have any devices she can control, but this seems like progress.

texasRay, Feb 15, 2018
Thema:

Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT

1. Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT - Similar Threads - Cortana works more

2. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Cortana still control smart home devices?: From what I've read on this forum and other places, Cortana use to be able to control smart home devices phillips hue bulbs, etc. The instructions say to go to "Connected Home" within Cortana's Notebook. But in other posts here, I've read that access to Cortana's notebook was...
  3. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

in Cortana
    Can Cortana still control smart home devices?: From what I've read on this forum and other places, Cortana use to be able to control smart home devices phillips hue bulbs, etc. The instructions say to go to "Connected Home" within Cortana's Notebook. But in other posts here, I've read that access to Cortana's notebook was...
  4. Can Cortana still control smart home devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cortana not working with IFTTT

in Cortana
    Cortana not working with IFTTT: I am trying to connect IFTTT to Cortana on my windows 10 computer, but whenever I try to tell Cortana to trigger an applet, it just says "Sorry, I can't help with that". After several days I tried downloading Cortana to my iPhone and it worked. How do I get Cortana on my...
  6. Cortana now working correctly.

in Cortana
    Cortana now working correctly.: Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command...
  7. I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT

in Cortana
    I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT: I have linked the turn meross on/off applets with IFTTT and they work fine when tested with the button widget, and the Cortana service is enabled on IFTTT. But I've tried with no luck to get the IFTTT skill enabled on Cortana and I've tried asking different things like turn...
  8. How to connect smart devices (like: smart lights) to cortana?

in Cortana
    How to connect smart devices (like: smart lights) to cortana?: Hi! I can't connect to my smart lights becouse in the connections tab (Start menu<Cortana's notebook<Manage skills, Image down below),I can't see the Connect to home option. Mark [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to sign into Samsung Smart Home with Cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to sign into Samsung Smart Home with Cortana: I am attempting to link my Samsung account with Cortana so that I will be able to use my Samsung SmartThings hub. The Samsung Smart Home Cortana skill leads me to believe I can do this. When I invoke the skill, Cortana prompts me to sign in with my Samsung Account. I then...
  10. How smart is SMART now?

in Windows 10 News
    How smart is SMART now?: Your disks and SSDs have a self-monitoring function called SMART. But how good is it? The fine folks at Backblaze are back with data on how well SMART works for them. SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a protocol for passing information from a...