Windows 10: Cortana on startup

Discus and support Cortana on startup in Cortana to solve the problem; Recently I have changed my local user account on my pc and noticed that cortana is turned off in windows startup by default. 1.Should I turn it on?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Abid33, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Abid33 Win User

Cortana on startup

Recently I have changed my local user account on my pc and noticed that cortana is turned off in windows startup by default.

1.Should I turn it on?

2.What's the advantages of turning it on and the disadvantages of doing the otherwise in startup?

3.Does turning off Cortana in startup defect my windows search?

[Note: My windows10 version is 2004]

:)

Abid33, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Cortana on startup

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Cortana on startup

1. Cortana on startup - Similar Threads - Cortana startup

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. Can somebody tell me how to write a command file to run at startup to terminate Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can somebody tell me how to write a command file to run at startup to terminate Cortana?: I have a sense that this is possible. But i do not know the steps. I wanted to uninstall Cortana but that is grayed out and cannot be done. But i do see the "terminate process" button there. When i click it, i get the behavior that i want Cortana is getting in the way of...
  4. Can somebody tell me how to write a command file to run at startup to terminate Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can somebody tell me how to write a command file to run at startup to terminate Cortana?: I have a sense that this is possible. But i do not know the steps. I wanted to uninstall Cortana but that is grayed out and cannot be done. But i do see the "terminate process" button there. When i click it, i get the behavior that i want Cortana is getting in the way of...
  5. Removing Cortana From Startup

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana From Startup: How do I remove Cortana from the startup. I'm able to disable it bot not delete it. Is there a way to uninstall Cortana? I checked 2 Run keys in the Registry but it isn't listed in either. I thought there were 3 places in the registry that has the Run key. Can anyone...
  6. Windows Settings Crashes upon startup, Cortana/Search bar will not respond when clicking on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings Crashes upon startup, Cortana/Search bar will not respond when clicking on...: Yesterday I noticed my computer would keep waking itself up from sleep mode without me touching it, I kept putting it back to sleep only for it to awaken again. So I shut off completely. Went to work and came back, turned on the PC and it said I had finished installing an...
  7. Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup

in Cortana
    Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup: How to uninstall Cortana Tom's Guide the above did not work as the "..more" did not have "Run at login" to disable I have several win10 dedicated systems that do not have microphones and there is no need for Cortana All of the fancy updates and features are never used...
  8. UWP apps crashing on startup, including Photos and Cortana

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP apps crashing on startup, including Photos and Cortana: Exactly as the title says, i cant find any working solutions, help would be appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp-apps-crashing-on-startup-including-photos-and/40565e65-8cfc-4d10-83a8-b33fc64c680e
  9. 1709 Update ended with freeze on Cortana startup page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1709 Update ended with freeze on Cortana startup page: I ran the 1709 update and it ended by freezing on the Cortana startup page. I cannot get to normal startup. Thanks for the help. 102153
  10. Cortana and Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Startup: Lately , Cortana has been been MIA and I have seen nothing as to what is happening or how to fix it . Inexplicably today it has reappeared and all systems seem normal . Just the fact that Cortana is missing doesn't bother me but along with that it also means I can not access...