Windows 10: Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query

Discus and support Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana only available as speech how do I type in a query/question... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DavidSpyer, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query

Cortana only available as speech how do I type in a query/question

:)

DavidSpyer, Aug 11, 2019

2. Cortana Speech Problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

Please make sure your Country or Region, Language, and
    Speech Language settings are all aligned with one of Cortana’s supported locale configurations.  If these OS settings are not aligned, Cortana will not be available in proper language. For example, Cortana will not work properly
    if your country is set to United States, but the Windows display language is set to English (United Kingdom).

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I suggest you to refer to the steps and settings given in below discussion thread by
    Sharath Srinivasa and confirm that your system is configure in same settings:

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Cortana speech language?

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check the language and speech settings in Cortana.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on Time and language and select region and language.
    • Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.
    • If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.
    • Select your preferred language (English UK) and click on
      Set as default
      under English UK language.
    • Now, click on English UK and click on Options.
    • Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.
    • Now, click on Speech from the Time and language settings menu.
    • Check if you are able to select the speech settings to English UK.
    • After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query

Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query

1. Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query - Similar Threads - Cortana available speech

2. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  3. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  4. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Speech to type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speech to type: I am unable to use my speech to type, after a while, it will stop, and have an arrow won't let me use it. It will mess up and not capitalize and not put things properly down....
  6. How can I use Cortana voice in Text To Speech ?

in Cortana
    How can I use Cortana voice in Text To Speech ?: Hi, I 'm using Windows 10 Home. I want to use Cortana voice in a Text To Speech software called Balabolka.I have Cortana installed in my Windows.In Balabolka I only see two Microsoft voices: Microsoft Zira and Microsoft David. Cortana voice should be there, but I don't see...
  7. Cortana not recognizing speech

in Cortana
    Cortana not recognizing speech: Almost two months ago I did a reset of my laptop as I forgot the windows password I created a year prior and could never login to my account. I solved that problem by creating a new account, and everything was working fine. I used Cortana a handful of times and speech was...
  8. How to slow Cortana speech?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to slow Cortana speech?: How do I slow down cortana's speech rate? She's talking just a bit too fast for my ears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-slow-cortana-speech/2d1123d9-3e8a-4daf-8500-ae88f24ea1f5
  9. Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

in Cortana
    Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else: Hi I have recently updated to the Windows 2004 Build 19041.264 of windows with the new Cortana. Cortana now does not set reminders read calendar or anything else Cortana is supposed to do. All it does is retrun a Bing search on how to do said command. I do not use...
  10. Cortana working only via voice. How can I search by typing into the search bar?

in Cortana
    Cortana working only via voice. How can I search by typing into the search bar?: I want Cortana to work in my search bar by typing not via voice. Its not working in the search bar * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: COrtana...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chat with cortana by typing

2. type cortana commands instead of speaking

3. ask cortana by typing

4. type to cortana,
  5. Back to typing Cortana not speech,
  6. I dont want to use speech recognition with cortina. I want to type,
  7. how to type in cortana,
  8. How can I type in Cortana,
  9. cortana typing onjly,
  10. cant type in cortana search box,
  11. how can I write question to Cortana?,