Windows 10: Cortana only binging everything on my laptop

Discus and support Cortana only binging everything on my laptop in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, My Cortana only bings everything I say to her when I asked her to launch ANY apps that are already installed on my laptop. It also couldn't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by whathappenedtocortana, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Cortana only binging everything on my laptop

Hello,

My Cortana only bings everything I say to her when I asked her to launch ANY apps that are already installed on my laptop.

It also couldn't set a timer. It says "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one." although the on my other computer works perfectly fine.

language, Region, Speech are all set to English United States

Require assistance for this matter thank you.

:)

whathappenedtocortana, Aug 8, 2020

2. My cortana only does bing searches

This works is I want to play random music from my collection; however, if I want to play something specific it only does a Bing search.

For example: hey Cortana okay Michael Jackson thriller... This does a Bing search even though the song is in my library on the device.

Hey Cortana okay 80s music.. Does a Bing search for 80s music.

Hey Cortana play 80s music from this device/on this device/from my collection/from groove music player...all Bing searches.

This should work.

Play should play and search should search...

JohnBarboni, Aug 8, 2020
  3. My cortana only does bing searches

I just updated my windows 8.1 to 10 and was excited to get the new Cortana. I configured Cortana and when I ask a question or a comment, instead of getting a personalised comment, I am only getting bing searches for what I said. She is not even talking back.

Like when I ask "What's the time?" the edge opens with bing page searching for whats the time.

Help

NiyasMohammed, Aug 8, 2020
  4. cvzone Win User

Cortana only binging everything on my laptop

Cortana not working properly - only going to Bing

I have exactly the same Problem. Cortana is working fine on three PCs in the same Network and on my Laptop Cortana has no AI and just opens Bing Search.

Access to personal data and Position is on.

cvzone, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Cortana only binging everything on my laptop

1. Cortana only binging everything on my laptop - Similar Threads - Cortana binging everything

2. I hate Cortana. It always searches everything on edge and why must cortana only be for kids.

in Cortana
    I hate Cortana. It always searches everything on edge and why must cortana only be for kids.: It always searches everything on edge and why must cortana only be for kids * Original title: I hate Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hate-cortana-it-always-searches-everything-on/7f4187e2-e6d9-4b50-b6b4-c937ef589384
  3. cortana only searches bings, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cortana only searches bings, nothing else: I just tried using cortana for the first time, had my laptop for more than a year but never thought about using cortana before today. but no matter what i send her she just searches bing and cannot do any of the other functionalities, it's really frustrating since i've got my...
  4. Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.: I am on Windows 10. Cortana now either gives me Bing results or says "Sorry, I'm not able to help with that" whenever I ask it do anything. If I say "Open Word" it simply gives a list of things to do to open word. If I say "Set a timer for 3 minutes" or "remind me to phone...
  5. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  6. Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else

in Cortana
    Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else: I've been trying to use Cortana since the latest update but I have a few bugs: 1. "wake word invocation is currently unavailable" 2. Every request goes to Bing...I can't launch any app with it 3. I ask "Learn my voice" all she answers is "Here is what I found"...and...
  7. Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

in Cortana
    Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else: Hi I have recently updated to the Windows 2004 Build 19041.264 of windows with the new Cortana. Cortana now does not set reminders read calendar or anything else Cortana is supposed to do. All it does is retrun a Bing search on how to do said command. I do not use...
  8. Can I disable cortana and bing?

in Cortana
    Can I disable cortana and bing?: Cortana is using a lot of memory and I don't use it . The same with Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-cortana-and-bing/1ccb6e45-43da-4017-9b8a-5154d63ebcb6"
  9. Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Bing not working in Edge or Cortana: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 - everything is working fine apart from I can't do anything with Bing. Doing a search from Edge or Cortana just brings up the 'hmm can't access page' error. Trying to go to www.bing.com from Edge or...
  10. Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff": In windows 10 it says I can chat with Cortana and ask it questions and get a personalized response, but this isn't the case for me. It says I can speak aloud or type, but since I've no mic, I choose to type. When I ask it something like "How's the weather" or "How tall is...