Windows 10: Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

Discus and support Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi I have recently updated to the Windows 2004 Build 19041.264 of windows with the new Cortana. Cortana now does not set reminders read calendar or... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JulesC-870, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

Hi

I have recently updated to the Windows 2004 Build 19041.264 of windows with the new Cortana.

Cortana now does not set reminders read calendar or anything else Cortana is supposed to do. All it does is retrun a Bing search on how to do said command.

I do not use office, I use the built in apps with a google account.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

JulesC-870, Jun 7, 2020

2. Cortana Redirects me randomly to Bing searches

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using Cortana.

I would like to know some information.

• What is the current operating system installed on your computer?

• Which browser do you use?

I suggest you to refer to the below article about how to disable Bing search in Cortana and check if it helps.

Refer: Cortana, Search, and privacy: FAQ

Section: Search

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 7, 2020
  3. how to remove bing

Hi NCA666,

My name is Roger W, an independent advisor trying to help. Let's try with the following suggestions, please:

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit enter.

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.

Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.

Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.

Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.

Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

RogerWaltes98, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

1. Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else - Similar Threads - Cortana returns Bing

2. cortana only searches bings, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cortana only searches bings, nothing else: I just tried using cortana for the first time, had my laptop for more than a year but never thought about using cortana before today. but no matter what i send her she just searches bing and cannot do any of the other functionalities, it's really frustrating since i've got my...
  3. microphone only works in skype but nothing else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone only works in skype but nothing else: Hi there, I am having a problem with windows recognizing my microphone. As the title suggests it can not be used for any application other than Skype have tried with Zoom, Camtasia, Audacity, and Discord. I am using an AT202 mic and a Behringer interface. They both appear...
  4. Cortana only binging everything on my laptop

in Cortana
    Cortana only binging everything on my laptop: Hello, My Cortana only bings everything I say to her when I asked her to launch ANY apps that are already installed on my laptop. It also couldn't set a timer. It says "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one." although the on my other computer works perfectly fine....
  5. Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else

in Cortana
    Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else: I've been trying to use Cortana since the latest update but I have a few bugs: 1. "wake word invocation is currently unavailable" 2. Every request goes to Bing...I can't launch any app with it 3. I ask "Learn my voice" all she answers is "Here is what I found"...and...
  6. Returning to Outlook query

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Returning to Outlook query: Hi. Up until August I used Outlook 16 for all my emails (POP3 to keep a local copy) then switched to eM Client (also POP3). I’ve now gone back to Outlook and want my outlook.pst updated with those new emails, folders etc I created in eM Client. Ive exported to .eml folders...
  7. Query about Cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    Query about Cortana: When I interact with Cortana, the Start menu opens. Can I use it without opening Start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-cortana/bcae4e0f-90b4-488e-b039-5742db317a7b
  8. Cortana will not respond to queries

in Cortana
    Cortana will not respond to queries: Cortana pops up when I say "Hey Cortana" but when I speak to it more, it prompty shuts down, refusing to complete any queries. Things I have tried: 1. Turning Cortana speech on and off again 2. Configuring speech multiple times 3. Making sure that display and speech...
  9. Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff": In windows 10 it says I can chat with Cortana and ask it questions and get a personalized response, but this isn't the case for me. It says I can speak aloud or type, but since I've no mic, I choose to type. When I ask it something like "How's the weather" or "How tall is...
  10. Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else: Hello all, I am having a problem with windows. I was recently having some problems with widows 10 so I had the bright idea to Rest my PC using the options in the settings. I then chose to "Keep my files" as I have documents that I would like not to be deleted. So I let...