Windows 10: cortana only shows thinking when i ask for something

Discus and support cortana only shows thinking when i ask for something in Cortana to solve the problem; cortana only shows thinking when I ask for something troubleshooting did not help it fixed microphone... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by stephaniewagner3, Oct 16, 2019.

1. cortana only shows thinking when i ask for something

cortana only shows thinking when I ask for something troubleshooting did not help it fixed microphone

:)

stephaniewagner3, Oct 16, 2019

2. Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 16, 2019
  4. cortana only shows thinking when i ask for something

Cortana isn't showing it animation

Hi Rifqi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What do you refer by "Cortana Animation"?
    I suggest you to check the settings in Cortana and make sure all settings is turned on.

Follow the steps:

• Type cortana and settings in search bar
    • Turn on all the settings listed.
    Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

cortana only shows thinking when i ask for something

1. cortana only shows thinking when i ask for something - Similar Threads - cortana shows thinking

2. I think I got hacked or something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I got hacked or something.: It won't let me into my microsoft/xbox account OwnAliyah2424 and I believe it says it is under a different username my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but also it says there is another email named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but I have...
  3. I think I got hacked or something.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I got hacked or something.: It won't let me into my microsoft/xbox account OwnAliyah2424 and I believe it says it is under a different username my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but also it says there is another email named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but I have...
  4. I would not like Cortana screen to pop up after asking her something

in Cortana
    I would not like Cortana screen to pop up after asking her something: The screen that pops up after asking her something is blocking the screen. Is there any way to ask her something without this screen popping up every time?! Wouldn't people like an option for this, or am I missing something?...
  5. I think something is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think something is corrupted: I turned on my computer this morning and everything was laggy, so I restarted it a couple times and it eventually just killed itself. I've been stuck in the options menu all day now, no command will work (even the scannow one to fix corrupted files), restarting the computer...
  6. i think something wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i think something wrong: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-JustAName- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdrp51/i_think_something_wrong/
  7. cortana shows only black screen

in Cortana
    cortana shows only black screen: Cortana shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-shows-only-black-screen/242f6d2b-ccdb-4abb-bedb-c4fdc6f03f91"
  8. ask Cortana for a reminder

in Cortana
    ask Cortana for a reminder: I just set up Cortana on 2 computers and asked her to remind me of an appointment. On one she reminded me with a box in the lower corner, but on the other one, she made a verbal announcement. How do I choose the method?...
  9. Cortana - Something's not right

Cortana - Something's not right: I can't get Cortana to bring up the local weather or any sports scores, all I get is "something's not right, try again in a little bit" Anyone run in to this on the final build or anything I can try and fix? I'm running a Toshiba Satellite L875-S7208 - 17.3" - Core i3...
  10. Cortana - Something's not right

Cortana - Something's not right: I've just activated Cortana but not having much luck. Is there a guide anywhere as to what can/can't be done with the app? For example, I added some things to my calendar, and asked if there was anything in there for today (both spoken and typed question). When...