Windows 10: Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings

Discus and support Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana for some reason opens a dialog asking me to select control panel, mail, or settings when I say open mail. Very strange when selecting mail,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MonicaOculto, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings

Cortana for some reason opens a dialog asking me to select control panel, mail, or settings when I say open mail.

Very strange when selecting mail, it opens control panel and when selecting control panel it still opens control panel. This a brand new laptop with the latest updates. Just trying to get the initial things set up and I am stuck on this issue. Thank you!

:)

MonicaOculto, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 30, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 30, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings

The Control Panel (Category View)

My apologies, Brink but I still do not get it.

The steps for both options are identical, the only difference is the location of the desired icons will need to be accessible for all users for Option 2. That's it.

Moreover, both the Mail and Flash Player (32-bit) applets are not listed in the list of Control Panel items for both options.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings

1. Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings - Similar Threads - Cortana Open mail

2. Control opening mail in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control opening mail in Windows Live Mail: I upgraded to Windows 10. I use Windows Live Mail. When I open a message, it is opening a tab in Chrome instead of just opening the message w/o using a Windows IE type of message display. AND, when I close the message it is automatically opening the next message instead of...
  3. My outlook is not working and also there is no mail option on control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    My outlook is not working and also there is no mail option on control panel: [ATTACH] When i opened my outlook it doesn't work. and i would try to open mail option on control panel it doesn't open. what i do [ATTACH]...
  4. mail icon not displayed in control panel.

mail icon not displayed in control panel.: DEAR SIR, I'M USING WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP AND OFFICE 365.I HAVE A PROBLEM ON MAIL OUTLOOK PROFILE CREATION.IT WSNT DISPLYED IN CONTROLLED PANEL.PLEASE HELP TO GET THAT BACK....
  5. Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves: As the subject. I try to open an attachment (pdf) in Windows Mail but right clicking gives me the option to save or open and it will only save, left clicking simply saves it ... I get no way to open the attachment. I've found the same question asked before on this frum and...
  6. Control Panel; MAIL item missing

Control Panel; MAIL item missing: Windows10\1809.... The Control Panel...option "Mail" is missing. Its the option you click on and open to view your Mail "Profile". I am having issues with Outlook and need to open Control Panel\MAIL as it may be the cause of the Issue. Anyway to get MAIL back in...
  7. The Mail Applet in Control Panel

The Mail Applet in Control Panel: Hello Guys, Quick one: Any idea what the CLSID for the Mail applet in Control Panel is? [ATTACH] In case it is relevant, I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, YanAndrew...
  8. Mail Item in Control Panel Doesn't Work

Mail Item in Control Panel Doesn't Work: My "Mail" Item in my control panel gone completely white and when I try to run it I get a error massage > All Control Panel Items Application not found ....
  9. Can't open Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) icon in Control Panel

in Browsers and Email
    Can't open Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) icon in Control Panel: Hi there After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, we are having an issue on one of the device in relation to opening Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) icon in Control Panel. It didn't open the window Mail Setup - Email accounts, Data Files, and Show profiles etc etc....
  10. Mail applet in Control Panel will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail applet in Control Panel will not open: I have Outlook 2016 installed. When I try to open the mail applet in Control Panel nothing happens. I have reinstalled Office twice and this is a fresh Win 10 install. Any ideas how to solve this please? 92064