Windows 10: Cortana opening apps

Discus and support Cortana opening apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just installed my microphone and tried hey coratana and i am less than impressed, I thought cortana could open all modern apps, but for most all i get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeShades, Jul 31, 2015.

1. JoeShades Win User

Cortana opening apps

Just installed my microphone and tried hey coratana and i am less than impressed, I thought cortana could open all modern apps, but for most all i get when isay hey cortana open news or sports and most others is a web search. Is this correct? also how do i get coratana to search my files? again it just opens a web search

:)

JoeShades, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Brendan.W Win User

Cortana won't open programs

This is not a Windows App issue.

This is a function of Cortana that is no longer working correctly.

As stated several times now. Previously Cortana had the ability to open apps by saying "Hey Cortana, open....." And it would open the app you named if it was installed, or search for it in the store if you did not have it installed.

Now when you use the same command "Hey Cortana, Open ...." It does a web search with Bing for "Open ...." And does not open the app.

Brendan.W, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Tentaurus Win User
    Cortana won't open programs

Hi,

so I created a new account, Cortana works well.

I configured all my apps. At the end Cortana doesn't open apps again!

I deleted this new account and reinstalled it again. Cortana works well.

Then I did a system image to save this working status. After that Cortana doesn't open apps again!

I restored the system image, no change.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to analyze why Cortana doesn't open apps while Cortana understands me perfectly?!

It's easy to say my Profile is corrupted - but there must be a (single) reason?!

Is there a way to disconnect or to reset Cortana?

Update: I created a new account again. This time Cortana doesn't open apps. Cortana's settings were to "react to everybody".

After I trained Cortana to my speech she opens apps again.

I tried this with my corrupted account: no change.

Tentaurus, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Cortana opening apps

I just tried it with "Hey Cortana open Notepad." and it worked fine. Worked with Photoshop too. I just wish it brought them to the foreground. The app opens but I have to click it on the taskbar to actually see it.

philnolan3d, Jul 31, 2015
  5. JoeShades Win User
    It is working for some apps but not others, won't open chrome or firefox or even msn sports or news

JoeShades, Jul 31, 2015
  6. It opens every single app for me with the exception of Firefox. But I hardly use Firefox, so it doesn't bother me.

BrownianMotion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana opening apps

1. Cortana opening apps - Similar Threads - Cortana opening apps

2. Cortana not opening apps

in Cortana
    Cortana not opening apps: I can't open apps like chrome or anything using cortana ,it says ' I'm sorry, but I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-opening-apps/6d34046b-8832-45a4-84ba-24774b350b37
  3. Cortana not opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana not opening apps: I can't open apps like chrome or anything using cortana ,it says ' I'm sorry, but I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-opening-apps/6d34046b-8832-45a4-84ba-24774b350b37
  4. Cortana not opening apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana is not opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana in my new laptop with windows 11 OS is not opening any apps. Cortana is providing internet search results though. can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4073f16f-9cc0-438b-9ddd-744833ecef0e
  6. Cortana is not opening apps

Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana in my new laptop with windows 11 OS is not opening any apps. Cortana is providing internet search results though. can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4073f16f-9cc0-438b-9ddd-744833ecef0e
  7. Cortana is not opening apps

in Cortana
    Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana on my pc is not working well, when I ask her to open any app, for suppose power point, it replies 'sorry, I am not equipped to do that'. It plays songs, speaks with me and does things, but it does not open apps. I checked my language settings, reset my pc and also...
  8. cortana not opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana not opening apps: I am not able to open apps using cortana. It is showing - "sorry, I am not equipped to do that" . May be some settings error, but till now I am not able to find any source to rectify this problem. No clarity is there ,,,how to solve this problem....
  9. Cortana is not opening Apps

Cortana is not opening Apps: Please Resolve This PRoblem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4efbaf7d-c7aa-4ce0-aec2-fce7a4a69f55
  10. cortana opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana opening apps: When I ask cortana to open up Netflix or spotify, or any app, it says: okay, opening 'that app' but next she doesn't open that app but opens settings for me: Language & time. All my language options are for united states, but only my time is from the time zone of paris. I...