Windows 10: Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.

Discus and support Cortana opens but does not play spotify request. in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana opens but does not play Spotify song or playlist request without additional "Cortana Play" command after Spotify opens in song paused mode. I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by daverand, Jun 10, 2019.

1. daverand Win User

Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.

Cortana opens but does not play Spotify song or playlist request without additional "Cortana Play" command after Spotify opens in song paused mode.

I have the latest Windows 10 and the latest Spotify

This used to work...what gives? Can't find a solution in threads so starting this one.

:)

daverand, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Cortana to play Spotify instead of Groove

Hi,

Spotify is a digital music streaming app that gives you access to millions of songs, podcasts and videos from artists all over the world. To play music with Spotify, just connect Cortana to a Spotify Premium account. Here's how to connect your Spotify account
    to Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Select Notebook , then Music.
    • Choose Spotify, and enter your account information. Or, create an account.

If the above solution did not solve your concern, we suggest to check out this
    help site for answers to your questions and to learn how to get the most out of Spotify and your music.

Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jun 10, 2019
  4. AstolatGU Win User

Cortana, UK & Spotify

Although I am a UK user, I have set Cortana's language to English (US). Until about a month ago this meant I was able to ask Cortana to play a particular artist on Spotify (premium account) and it would do so. Now, while it still replies (for example) "Here
    are some Bob Dylan songs on Spotify" all it does is open the app. Is this a deliberate change, either of Microsoft or Spotify? If not, any ideas on how to fix it? Cortana has Spotify connected in Notebook/Music, so that isn't the problem.

Many TIA

AstolatGU, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana opens but does not play spotify request. - Similar Threads - Cortana opens does

2. When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...

in Cortana
    When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...: Whenever I ask Cortana to play any song or specific song by an artist on Spotify, then it just opens the Spotify app but doesn't play the music. Then nothing happens in the app and I have to do it manually. I am facing this from a few days. It was alright before. Can anything...
  3. Spotify won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify won't open: Hi all, I currently have Spotify installed and recently I had a problem with it won't opening first hand when I clicked on it. After installing Spotify, the Microsoft Store would still open directly to the Spotify page although I already had it installed. Another problem is...
  4. Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist: I created a playlist in Spotify. Skill I'm using: "Hey Cortana, play <playlist name> playlist." Example: "Hey Cortana, play 'Mike's' playlist." When I say this exact same skill via my Dell PC running Windows 10, Cortana works perfectly. When I say this exact same skill...
  5. Cortana and spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana and spotify: Ok so ige seen online that to connect spotify with cortana you must go to notebook then connect a service. But, whenever i go there all that shows up are email apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-spotify/e72883d2-5613-4b07-931c-edab20429857"
  6. Can't connect Cortana and Spotify

in Cortana
    Can't connect Cortana and Spotify: Cortana was disabled on my pc... Then I got Spotify premium, enabled Cortana and tried to connect Spotify to Cortana. I linked my account with Cortana but when I went to notebook, then manage skills, then music, then Spotify and clicked on, I received a message that...
  7. not opening links as requested

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not opening links as requested: not opening links as requested, some links , do not open,instead there is a pop up window - open an account. not what i am asking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-opening-links-as-requested/4bb7d168-b204-4c7e-bcd7-842322b9460b
  8. Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.: so ive had my windows PC for over a year and for that time i've had cortana disabled (for obvious reasons) but i got spotify premium a bit ago and now im trying to connect it to cortana so i can just yell out for it to change a song and such. so i've linked my account with...
  9. Cortana unchecks spotify in skills

in Cortana
    Cortana unchecks spotify in skills: so ive had my windows PC for over a year and for that time i've had cortana disabled (for obvious reasons) but i got spotify premium a bit ago and now im trying to connect it to cortana so i can just yell out for it to change a song and such. so i've linked my account with...
  10. Spotify fails to open

Spotify fails to open: Hello there, After the newest update (1803) I have a problem opening Spotify. This is the error message I get: [img] I checked the folder and my user does have full control over the entire folder but the program fails to open. Other programs from the Microsoft Store work...