Windows 10: Cortana opens locally stored OneDrive files in OneDrive website instead of app

Discus and support Cortana opens locally stored OneDrive files in OneDrive website instead of app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I search for a file in Cortana that I have stored in OneDrive and stored locally on my computer it REFUSES to open the locally stored file in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lin#, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Lin# Win User

Cortana opens locally stored OneDrive files in OneDrive website instead of app

When I search for a file in Cortana that I have stored in OneDrive and stored locally on my computer it REFUSES to open the locally stored file in the default app and instead opens it in the garbage OneDrive website in my browser!

For instance, I have a collection of PDFs that I reference often and I have my default app for PDFs set to Edge. Instead of it opening the PDF file from my D:\ drive, it opens the OneDrive file. Cortana and the search bar are now functionally useless.

Absolutely infuriating, I did nothing to provoke this change, and what's worse is that I can see posts about this issue from as far back as 2015 with NO SOLUTION. Get it together!!

:)

Lin#, Dec 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Easo, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana opens locally stored OneDrive files in OneDrive website instead of app - Similar Threads - Cortana opens locally

2. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  3. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  4. OneDrive and local file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and local file: Hello, So all my files are usually backed up onto Onedrive or some other storage cloud. But my laptop is running low on space so I want to clear them from my laptop's local storage space to free up some space. Is it possible to delete files from my laptop without deleting...
  5. OneDrive and Local Files

OneDrive and Local Files: I cannot seem to stop this. It appears everything under THIS PC Documents, Photos, Music, etc. show both local files and OneDrive files. It gets confusing and sometimes I can't really tell but some save directly to OneDrive. How do I:Have ONLY files that are on the Local disk...
  6. Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files

Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files: My photos are all stored on Onedrive with pictures back up turned on. The pictures folder is set to "always keep on this device" so a copy is stored on my hard drive. However, when looking in file info in the Windows photo app all photos are from the source "OneDrive cloud...
  7. OneDrive App and Website

OneDrive App and Website: This is an issue today, although the Microsoft status page for OneDrive says 'All Ok' When I load OneDrive I can search for all my files but when I click on 'My Files' on the right hand side of the webpage (Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free...
  8. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  9. Windows search opens oneDrive files in the browser instead locally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search opens oneDrive files in the browser instead locally: Files on demand is turned on so I don't why this is still an issue. If I browse the oneDrive folder in Explorer then the files open locally. Windows search shows the following field: Location OneDrive:\<NAME\_OF\_FOLDER> submitted by /u/YasZedOP [link] [comments]...
  10. Onedrive local files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive local files: All of my Onedrive folders/files are set to "read-only". I went to properties on the Onedrive folder and cleared the checkmark on the read-only box. Applied the change to all floders/files. It appeared to go through all of them, but when I looked at any of the files they...