Windows 10: [Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese language settings, region and display is in US English

Discus and support [Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese language settings, region and display is in US English in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi! I struggle to get Cortana running like I want to. And I am not even bossy : I setup my new surface go2 like this: Region: United States... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ingo Hamann, Jul 4, 2020.

1. [Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese language settings, region and display is in US English

Hi!

I struggle to get Cortana running like I want to.

And I am not even bossy :

I setup my new surface go2 like this:

Region: United States

Current format: Recommended [English United States]

Display language: English United States

Preffered languages: English US All features enabled

speech recognition etc.

Second language is German

The problem:

Cortana is setup and understands exactly what I want. I do the input in English language.

But the output/answers are only in a strange translated Asian/English voice.

And it only says:" I found some videos for you!" It doesn´t matter what I ask.

The Surface is purchased here in China. As I am living here.

The setup was smooth and I used Cortana for setting up. That was ok.

I hope that anyone can help me. I really like Cortana and want to use it again for my work.

Thx

:)

Ingo Hamann, Jul 4, 2020

2. setting up cortana in your country/region/language

Below is the official advice

Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and
    Spanish
    • To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:
      • Languages (this is your device language)
      • Speech language (language pack must be installed)
      • Country or region
    • Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

it is incorrect, you also need to change your "Windows Display Language" found in Control Panel>Clock, Language, Region>Language> then select your language and choose "Make this the primary Language" it will prompt you to log off and log back on, then as
    long as the Windows display language matches your Language Speech language and Country / Region in the modern "settings>Time & Language" Cortana will work

LilyMitchell, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Cortana answers in Chinese, system language English and location united states

Hi,

I am currently located in China.

Country or region is set to United States.

System language is set to English (United States).

Speech language is set to English (United States).

Cortana understand my English and all the settings are in English, but when i ask a question Cortana answers in Chinese.
    [Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese  language settings, region and display is in US English dbeb8f88-d27f-4c4c-bb8d-c6c672257989.png

Mrs.Mirage, Jul 4, 2020
  4. ideal-pc Win User

[Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese language settings, region and display is in US English

Cortana isn't available in the region and language you've selected

Hi all,

I know there have been numerous posts regarding Cortana, mostly to do with company policy but I installed Windows 10 Enterprise as a clean install from my MAPS subscription. I cannot turn Cortana on, I have the search box but the option to turn Cortana on
    is greyed out with the message as displayed in the title. If I click on "why?" I get the following description:

Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and
    Spanish
    • To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:
      • Languages (this is your device language)
      • Speech language (language pack must be installed)
      • Country or region
    • Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

I have checked out numerous posts, & made sure that all of my system & language settings are the same, all UK English. I did notice that the speech recognition for Cortana UK English was NOT installed but I have since added that & restarted but Cortana still
    remains disabled. Has anybody else experienced &/or fixed this? Not a life or death issue I know but it's annoying anyway! Look forward to suggestions.

ideal-pc, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

[Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese language settings, region and display is in US English

1. [Cortana] Output answers are in Chinese language settings, region and display is in US English - Similar Threads - Cortana Output answers

2. Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings: Hi, everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with my "Language and Region" settings on my Microsoft device. I am unable to select "Simplified Chinese" as an option in "Add a language" because it appears to be grayed out. I've tried the solutions provided in Cannot select simplified...
  3. Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Select Simplified Chinese in "Language and Region" Settings: Hi, everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with my "Language and Region" settings on my Microsoft device. I am unable to select "Simplified Chinese" as an option in "Add a language" because it appears to be grayed out. I've tried the solutions provided in Cannot select simplified...
  4. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  5. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change the display language from Chinese to English: Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English. What I have done: 1. I have downloaded an English language pack. 2. I...
  6. Regional settings vs display language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regional settings vs display language: Hi there, I am so tired of Windows and the way language, proofing, keyboard, display language etc is just one huge pile of manure. What settings do I need to click to get this?: Display language: English Formatting (time, currency etc): danish Spelling and proofing...
  7. i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese

in Cortana
    i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese: I downloaded the language pack and speech for japanese language. i changed the region and speech settings to japanese, but it still automatically change back to english (US), i removed the english pack but then i cannot use cortana. what should i do?...
  8. I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10

in Cortana
    I set my language & region to English (US), and I still don't have Cortana in my Windows 10: This is my screenshot. I restarted my laptop too. Please help me. Thank you. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-set-my-language-region-to-english-us-and-i-still/b64a8966-9b40-4f71-a6f3-ce19ac268b01"
  9. My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language...: My Language keeps on Changing from My Default Selection English (US) to Regional Language Hindi on its Own. I have checked my Default selection in Setup which is all the time English. How does it then shift to Regional Language whenever I start typing any thing in Browser,...
  10. Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English: As you can see below, Cortana will not enable despite Australia and English being selected. I am 100% up to date on updates. [img] [img] Is there any other settings I need to change to get Cortana to work? Thanks! 30734