Windows 10: cortana permissions not showing in the app

Discus and support cortana permissions not showing in the app in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know why my cortana permissions are not showing in the app settings. I also cannot find the cortana settings in windows settings. I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GregoChrist, Feb 24, 2021.

1. cortana permissions not showing in the app

Hi, I would like to know why my cortana permissions are not showing in the app settings. I also cannot find the cortana settings in windows settings. I know that cortana is now a standalone app but still I cannot find settings such as connected serviceslike spotify etc..

Please help! cortana permissions not showing in the app 48118bf7-ac10-4cfe-a3fd-bbe17f56dfe3?upload=true.png

:)

GregoChrist, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 24, 2021
  4. cortana permissions not showing in the app

Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

cortana permissions not showing in the app

1. cortana permissions not showing in the app - Similar Threads - cortana permissions showing

2. HOW TO TURN ON CORTANA ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO TURN ON CORTANA ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSION: HOW TO TURN ON CORTANA ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSION IN WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-cortana-administrative-permission/0b2b1636-922a-4f54-9246-0748d535f52e
  3. HOW TO TURN ON CORTANA ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO TURN ON CORTANA ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSION: HOW TO TURN ON CORTANA ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSION IN WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-cortana-administrative-permission/0b2b1636-922a-4f54-9246-0748d535f52e
  4. cortana app

in Cortana
    cortana app: how do i terminate or uninstall cortana on my computer. i have followed what MS has as info and ithe app doesn' give me the option to uninstall. since my last update, the sign in window pops up all the time on my desktop. i have done done everything i can tink of to keep...
  5. Cortana is spying on me in direct violation of the Cortana permission settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cortana is spying on me in direct violation of the Cortana permission settings.: I have all Cortana permissions set to "off" including the "contacts, emails, calendar & communication history" setting. Yet Cortana is reading my emails and proposing to take actions based on their content. If I wanted to have my personal communications read by a...
  6. App Permissions

App Permissions: <p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed a software called ScreenRec that records screen videos as well as system audio and audio from the built-in microphone.&nbsp;...
  7. Cortana App not showing in All App list (Build 1903)

in Cortana
    Cortana App not showing in All App list (Build 1903): In build 1809, I had the Cortana app show in my start menu, and from there I could go to App settings, and reset it. This would solve a lot of issues with search not working. When I upgraded to build 1903, it no longer shows on the start menu and have no way of resetting the...
  8. App Permissions

App Permissions: Why is it that when I like the look of an app and read the permissions granted to it I get the information below. It seems to allow every app access to everything even if it in not necessary for the correct function of the app. Surely the permissions should only relate to the...
  9. App permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App permissions: Can I give a specific app permission to make changes to my computer without asking my permission every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/app-permissions/dbce68ba-bbb8-4487-baeb-cc89b3e48527"
  10. Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps: Hi everyone, I'm having a relatively annoying problem which I think should never happen in a good operating system. As the title already tells, the cortana search box does not display proper icon for all the metro apps or the modern settings as can be seen from the...