Windows 10: Cortana Pop Up Issue during Full screen

Discus and support Cortana Pop Up Issue during Full screen in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, I have this issue with Cortana, that when Im playing a game in full screen and I want to change the music like "Hey Cortana... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Stana619, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Stana619 Win User

Cortana Pop Up Issue during Full screen

Dear Microsoft Community,

I have this issue with Cortana, that when Im playing a game in full screen and I want to change the music like "Hey Cortana change music to Battle Music" Cortana pops up basically makes an alt+tab combination and exiting from the game screen.

How can I stop this. so basically when I say "Hey Cortana play Rock music" she just starts to play it, without exiting the full screen mode of any app.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Stana619, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Cortana pop on the hole screen

Appreciate the response. For the meantime, if Cortana is causing any inconvenience with you or your system, we suggest reverting back to the old 1607 update. Just follow the steps below:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.
    This will put your system back to the old Windows build. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Josef Bri, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Cortana Pop Up Issue during Full screen

Cortana on Lock screen not working

Hi Nishadha,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Install all Windows Updates

Most of the issues are fixed by installing Windows Updates make sure that your system is up-to-date.

Type Windows Updates in search bar and select Check for updates from the results.

If updates are available, try installing them and check.

Step 2: Make sure that Cortana is enabled

Click on the Taskbar search box, click Settings icon, and then make sure that the option labelled Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more is turned ON.

Step 3: Turn on Location

1. Click on Start and select Settings, navigate to Privacy > Location.

2. On the right-side, under Location, you will see On if the location is enabled for this device.

3. And, if the location for this device is not enabled, please click the Change button, and then move the slider

to on position.

To interact with Cortana on the Lock Screen, you simply need to say Hey Cortana and she’ll get ready. You can ask Cortana for various things while on the Lock Screen, like the forecast, latest news, and more.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Pop Up Issue during Full screen

1. Cortana Pop Up Issue during Full screen - Similar Threads - Cortana Pop Issue

2. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Cortana
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  3. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  4. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  6. Stop the Cortana Pop Up

in Cortana
    Stop the Cortana Pop Up: Sorry if this has been asked and answered - how do I get the Cortana prompt to stop randomly popping up on my screen? I don't want to use Cortana and it won't let me uninstall. Why isn't there a "don't ask me again" feature???...
  7. Full screen pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full screen pop ups: I am getting full screen pop ups when I go to CNN. Smart screen detected only one with a warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-pop-ups/8ef59332-d319-4726-a1af-67b105c942be"
  8. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously...
  9. Cortana pop ups/selfy

in Cortana
    Cortana pop ups/selfy: Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block the screen... That is creepy, I would like Cortana to stop everything unless I ask for it? Was this a programmer joke.? WTH...
  10. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 vlc menu pops up intermittently during full screen playback