Windows 10: Cortana pop ups/selfy

Discus and support Cortana pop ups/selfy in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by chrisd222, Jun 30, 2019.

1. chrisd222 Win User

Cortana pop ups/selfy

Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block the screen... That is creepy, I would like Cortana to stop everything unless I ask for it? Was this a programmer joke.? WTH !!!!

:)

chrisd222, Jun 30, 2019
  2. TFreed Win User

IRRITATING CORTANA POP UP

IRRITATING CORTANA POP UP

NO MATTER WHAT I TRY, I CAN'T STOP THE CORTANA POP UP. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MICROSOFT PREVENTS CORTANA POP UP FROM BEING TURNED OFF. ANY SUGGESTIONS ? I NO LONGER RECCOMMEND WIN10 DUE TO THE CONSTANT POP UP. HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO TURN THEIRS OFF ?

TFreed, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Cortana pops up

I GOOGLED THAT LINK AND THERE IS MUCH NEGATIVITY ABOUT IT. I'M SURPRISED THE COMMUNITY WOULLD SUGGEST THIS AS A SOLUTION TO WHAT SEEMINGLY IS A PROBLEM THAT SHOULD BE SOLVED. CORTANA POPS UP

GERALDMALEY, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Cortana pop ups/selfy

Cortana pops up

Hi Gerald,

To assist you with your concern, you may follow the steps provided below on how to fix Cortana that keeps popping up:

• Click Start Menu > Settings.
    • Look for Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Click Additional mouse options. (This will open a new window that depends on your device.)
    • Look for options that read "Three Finger Tap" or "Four Finger Tap".

Note: You need to make sure that these options are disabled as this is also a factor that triggers Cortana automatically.

You can also find the same options when you go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Synaptics Touchpad.
    Just turn off the tap feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Cortana pop ups/selfy

1. Cortana pop ups/selfy - Similar Threads - Cortana pop ups

2. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Cortana
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  3. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  4. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  6. Stop the Cortana Pop Up

in Cortana
    Stop the Cortana Pop Up: Sorry if this has been asked and answered - how do I get the Cortana prompt to stop randomly popping up on my screen? I don't want to use Cortana and it won't let me uninstall. Why isn't there a "don't ask me again" feature???...
  7. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously...
  8. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...
  9. Stop Cortana From Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Cortana From Popping Up: Cortana continually pops up when I'm using the track pad on my Lenovo Ideapad. I usually use one finger to move the cursor and a second finger to click the left button. When I click Cortana pops up and the click does not execute. Then I have to click away to get Cortana to go...
  10. Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up: I did my fourth install of windows 10 on a machine but this time I am getting a strange issue. Everytime Windows boots a box labeled "Cortana" pops up and whenever I close it it just comes back. I searched further and this window is "searchui.exe" but the kicker is not only...