Windows 10: Cortana pops up when using Touchpad

Discus and support Cortana pops up when using Touchpad in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes when working with touchpad Cortana pops up. I'm not sure which gesture triggers it. How can I disable Cortana starting up b touchpad? I'm on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DaLazyGamer, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Cortana pops up when using Touchpad

Sometimes when working with touchpad Cortana pops up. I'm not sure which gesture triggers it.
    How can I disable Cortana starting up b touchpad? I'm on an ASUS so touchpad driver is ASUS Smart Gesture.

submitted by /u/DaLazyGamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DaLazyGamer, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Cortana pops up

Hi Gerald,

To assist you with your concern, you may follow the steps provided below on how to fix Cortana that keeps popping up:

• Click Start Menu > Settings.
    • Look for Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Click Additional mouse options. (This will open a new window that depends on your device.)
    • Look for options that read "Three Finger Tap" or "Four Finger Tap".

Note: You need to make sure that these options are disabled as this is also a factor that triggers Cortana automatically.

You can also find the same options when you go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Synaptics Touchpad.
    Just turn off the tap feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Annoying Cortana pop-up

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience and suggest you to change the touchpad settings.

Steps:

• Type Settings in the Search box and select
      Settings
    • Click on Devices and click on Mouse & Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, try to change the 1-finger
      and 2-finger settings.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Cortana pops up when using Touchpad

Whenever I scroll up or down using my two fingers on the touchpad, Cortana pops up.

Hi Hassan,

I realize that you are getting pop-up when scroll up or down using my two fingers on the touchpad, let me assist you.

This issue might occur due to the accidental touch/swipe of the rear palm on the touchpad. It is not specific to hardware/software issue. It depends upon the sensitivity set on the laptop at touchpad settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to decrease the sensitivity of the touchpad and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the options.

• Click on view by option located at the top right corner of the window, select
      Large icons and click on Mouse.

• Choose Change mouse settings and click on
      touchpad options tab from the window.

• Adjust the pointer speed by sliding the sensitivity bar according to your comfort.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Also, I suggest you to refer to the below article on Mouse, Touchpad, and Keyboard problems in Windows (Do not carry out any steps performed for Windows 7 and Windows XP OS)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/mouse-touchpad-keyboard-problems-in-windows#v1h=tab05

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Cortana pops up when using Touchpad

1. Cortana pops up when using Touchpad - Similar Threads - Cortana pops using

2. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Cortana
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  3. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  4. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  6. Stop the Cortana Pop Up

in Cortana
    Stop the Cortana Pop Up: Sorry if this has been asked and answered - how do I get the Cortana prompt to stop randomly popping up on my screen? I don't want to use Cortana and it won't let me uninstall. Why isn't there a "don't ask me again" feature???...
  7. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously...
  8. Cortana pop ups/selfy

in Cortana
    Cortana pop ups/selfy: Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block the screen... That is creepy, I would like Cortana to stop everything unless I ask for it? Was this a programmer joke.? WTH...
  9. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...
  10. Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad: I'm using a Lenovo Legion y720 with Windows 10 64-bit. Often, when I'm being lazy and using the touchpad with two hands for speed (one finger for moving and one finger for clicking in the bottom left of the touchpad), I find that the cursor hops down to the start menu in...