Windows 10: Cortana popups

Discus and support Cortana popups in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I see Cortana has been bashed since 2015, but nowhere do I see a solution, or an offer of a solution. What gives? I cannot express how much I hate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarbaraMillsap, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Cortana popups

I see Cortana has been bashed since 2015, but nowhere do I see a solution, or an offer of a solution. What gives? I cannot express how much I hate Cortana, all options are turned off but it still intrudes, locking me out of what I was doing. I have to shut down the computer, start over, only to have it pop up again. Hitting the 'shift' key seems to trigger it, but not always, and there is nowhere to close the window. What is the latest info on how to uninstall Cortana, kill it in some way?

:)

BarbaraMillsap, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Cortana popups

1. Cortana popups - Similar Threads - Cortana popups

2. CORTANA PopUp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CORTANA PopUp: How to Turn off Cortana Popup in Windows 11It becomes a nuisance at the start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-popup/e1e6c4df-7ebc-4869-b0c4-a41abfbce22f
  3. CORTANA PopUp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CORTANA PopUp: How to Turn off Cortana Popup in Windows 11It becomes a nuisance at the start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-popup/e1e6c4df-7ebc-4869-b0c4-a41abfbce22f
  4. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.: Why is the cortana pop-up when i try to use voice dictation so huge? People with disabilities have rights, too, and this pop-up makes Cortana almost useless for voice dictation. It serves no useful purpose, other than showing me the mic is listening, and yet it is covering up...
  5. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

in Cortana
    Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.: Why is the cortana pop-up when i try to use voice dictation so huge? People with disabilities have rights, too, and this pop-up makes Cortana almost useless for voice dictation. It serves no useful purpose, other than showing me the mic is listening, and yet it is covering up...
  6. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box

in Cortana
    Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box: How do I get rid of Cortana's annoying features like the "Suggested" window that pops up when I click in the search bar?Example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-annoying-suggested-popup-when-clicking/13388297-f5ae-4d95-b952-f034b81c5e29
  8. Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box: How do I get rid of Cortana's annoying features like the "Suggested" window that pops up when I click in the search bar?Example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-annoying-suggested-popup-when-clicking/13388297-f5ae-4d95-b952-f034b81c5e29
  9. Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box

10. Remove Cortana Search PopUp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Cortana Search PopUp: Right click taskbar. Click Search. Uncheck "Show Search Highlights" Voila! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-cortana-search-popup/48542817-5ebe-42e0-98bf-6743583c2cba

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana hears but doesnt respond