Windows 10: Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working

Discus and support Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello This seems to be a new problem following the 2019-03 cumulative update for Win 10 1809. When taskbar auto-hide doesn't work, it's generally... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by tigger11, Apr 11, 2019.

1. tigger11 Win User

Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working

Hello

This seems to be a new problem following the 2019-03 cumulative update for Win 10 1809.

When taskbar auto-hide doesn't work, it's generally easy to find what's causing it like notifications calling for attention.

Now my taskbar is constantly popping up and doing it at almost every move like going from Word to Excel.

The only way I can get it to disappear although only temporarily, is to click the Cortana search box, click out into the main work area and it disappears, only to reappear on the next move.

It's driving me up the wall trying to work with Excel etc.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

:)

tigger11, Apr 11, 2019

2. Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Auto hide taskbar not working

I know how to 'auto-hide'!

IT IS NOT WORKING - the frustrating thing is that this is a known problem and is not being addressed. It may appear to be a small matter but it is not. Wherever the taskbar is situated (top, bottom, either side) it covers part of the screen and is TOTALLY
    annoying!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX IT and help us all.

SueDavies2404, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working

1. Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working - Similar Threads - Cortana preventing taskbar

2. Prevent windows taskbar from poping up in auto-hide mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent windows taskbar from poping up in auto-hide mode.: Hi. I want to disable the taskbar from popping up when i drag my mouse to the bottom of the screen.I would like it to only show up when i press the windows key and open the start menu....
  3. Prevent windows taskbar from poping up in auto-hide mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent windows taskbar from poping up in auto-hide mode.: Hi. I want to disable the taskbar from popping up when i drag my mouse to the bottom of the screen.I would like it to only show up when i press the windows key and open the start menu....
  4. Stop Windows from Auto-hiding Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows from Auto-hiding Taskbar: I just installed the most recent update for Windows 11, and now the taskbar keeps auto-hiding. I made sure that this feature was unchecked in taskbar behavior, and I've restarted my computer multiple times to see if it's a bug that needs to be fixed. I want my taskbar to be...
  5. Auto Hide Taskbar is not working after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Hide Taskbar is not working after reboot.: So ive seen a couple post on this but the windows reps either dont read the question all the way through or they just dont know what theyre talking about, but every time i restart my pc, the auto hide taskbar option is off. I want it to stay turned on because the windows do...
  6. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  7. hide taskbar and prevent from showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hide taskbar and prevent from showing up: Hi, I usally hide the taskbar but some apps – telegram – make it riappear when I receive a notification. Do you know how to stop this behavior? submitted by /u/_kjb [link] [comments]...
  8. taskbar auto hide not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar auto hide not working: tried settings, but taskbar will not stay on auto hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-auto-hide-not-working/e428f448-a6ba-4c45-92f8-08d2b65531b4
  9. Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working: Since this morning Windows 10 "Auto-Hide the taskbar" function is not working despite proper settings. [img] Any suggestion? Ps. Found a solution at the following: Fix: Taskbar Auto-Hide Feature Not Working On Windows 10 "Try restarting File Explorer or...
  10. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana auto hide not working