Windows 10: cortana problem after the update

Discus and support cortana problem after the update in Cortana to solve the problem; Microsoft i have a problem about my cortana i just updated my windows 10 to the 2004 latest update and i check my cortana because the update said that... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by HYPERWARIOR264, May 31, 2020.

1. cortana problem after the update

Microsoft i have a problem about my cortana i just updated my windows 10 to the 2004 latest update and i check my cortana because the update said that the cortana has a new face and separated from the taskbar but when i cheked it is says here. Plz help i want an answer. cortana problem after the update f0d4cde1-d3e3-4fec-9c53-733c14651020?upload=true.png

:)

HYPERWARIOR264, May 31, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 31, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 31, 2020
  4. cortana problem after the update

Cortana is not working fine

Hi,

For better understanding the issue let us know few details,

• Have you created any system restore point?

• Are you facing same issue on other user account?

As initial troubleshooting I request you to try below steps,

I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.

And also I suggest you to refer the below link and check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 31, 2020
Thema:

cortana problem after the update

1. cortana problem after the update - Similar Threads - cortana problem update

2. cortana after 2004 update

in Cortana
    cortana after 2004 update: why did cortana go back to its old way of communicating? it is much less user friendly now! before this update i could just say hey cortana, without clicking on anything, and she would listen for my question, etc. also, she would turn off the pc with my command. now she...
  3. Problem with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problem with Cortana: It stopped working. I cannot start it. How can I fix Cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cortana/07028e39-4df9-49d8-b001-aab71f1b3e68
  4. Cortana problem

in Cortana
    Cortana problem: When I start to type into Cortana it goes off before I finish. Any help please? Thanks Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem/50e2de11-8223-44a1-be18-7e8560787470"
  5. problem with cortana

in Cortana
    problem with cortana: how do I change what cortana calls me I have tried my notebook in cortana but there is no "about me" there and there is nothing in my settings any help would be greatly appreciated oh I even reset my PC I run windows 10 home...
  6. Cortana Problem

in Cortana
    Cortana Problem: Hi, Dear developer I am facing problem of cortana, whenever I open cortana, cortana freezes and close itself after few seconds. I need help, Kindly help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem/3b5d1a99-008b-4386-ac47-d2ee56120bd8"
  7. PROBLEM WITH CORTANA

in Cortana
    PROBLEM WITH CORTANA: My problem arises in the basic concepts that Cortana teaches, after answering all the questions I get an error when choosing the keyboard layout. I just finished formatting my PC....
  8. Problems with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problems with Cortana: Hi. Cortana freezes and does nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-cortana/41f34c76-42d5-48fa-b7f5-d46d21310762"
  9. Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update: After making the Anniversary Update I found that activation of the Cortana function on my lock screen did not occur per the change video and on my regular home page when I addressed Cortana with "Hey Cortana" the following quote came up on the Cortana screen "create a to-do...
  10. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Problem: When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate Hey Cortana. I can't figure out how to change that, and get my real name in there. 3794