Windows 10: Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search

Discus and support Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana task bar box will not generate a search. I have windows 10 * Moved from MSN * Original title: Cortana problem... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GaryTowner, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search

Cortana task bar box will not generate a search. I have windows 10

* Moved from MSN

* Original title: Cortana problem

:)

GaryTowner, Apr 20, 2020
  2. lucille15 Win User

Cortana - Search and Task Bar

I have the same problems witch Task Bar, Cortana, Search Bar as other users, who wrote before me.

Is this going to be fixed by Microsoft, or we have to try all kind of suggestions from professionals?

I don't have access to any initial applications supplied with Windows 10. Task bar doesn't open.

Cortana is there only in a name. Cortana bar with Search don't respond. I badly need some of applications

originally present with Windows 10.

Tell me what to do in clear, simple instructions, please?

Thank You - Alexandra Mankiewicz - L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

lucille15, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Cortana search box is now huge

There are a few settings if you right click on a empty spot of the task bar

Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search [​IMG]

I have mine set as hidden, If I want to search for something I just press the Windows key and start typing or press CTRL+V to paste text from the clipboard.

Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search [​IMG]

Digital Life, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search

1. Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search - Similar Threads - Cortana problem Cortana

2. cortana and search bar

in Cortana
    cortana and search bar: why is my task bar like this . How can i combine cortana and search bar . Please tell me i am ready to change registory too.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-bar/41bb3ef4-95f0-46e7-80b0-d84c18b0f469
  3. Cortana and task bar

in Cortana
    Cortana and task bar: I have Cortana turned off in its settings because I do not use it. I've never set it up. However, whenever I move my arrow to the bottom of the screen, for example, if I want to scroll the the right or left, the task bar pops up and freezes in place so that I can no longer...
  4. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  5. Search Box/Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Search Box/Cortana not working: Hi microsoft. My laptop's search box/cortana isn't working. It doesn't show any search results. I already tried troubleshooting the search and indexing only to no avail. Please help...
  6. Cortana/Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana/Search Bar: I turned Off "Hey Cortana" in the Voice in Setting and it goes back to On all by itself. This intelligence is too "artificial. Let's get this fixed, As a Windows Insider I'm deeply disappointed Microsoft has not resolved this issue....
  7. Cortana and search bar problems

in Cortana
    Cortana and search bar problems: Hey! I have two different problems concerning me with regards to Cortana and the search bar respectively. So the problem I am facing with Cortana is that she won't respond to anything I say. I tried setting up a microphone and in fact when I say "Hey Cortana", Cortana...
  8. Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar: Hi there! I need help figuring out how to be able to use the type here to search section again on my task bar. Since last night I have not been able to. When I click on it to type, it goes straight to highlighting the mic picture in blue and is not allowing me to type at...
  9. Search box in Cortana inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box in Cortana inactive: When I try to use the Cortana search box it tells me "I've lost access to your account please sign in" but the sign in the bar at the bottom is inactive. I cannot type in the search bar. This is new as I have been having problems of all the icons freezing requiring me to do...
  10. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998