Windows 10: Cortana problem

Discus and support Cortana problem in Cortana to solve the problem; When I start to type into Cortana it goes off before I finish. Any help please? Thanks Steve... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by stevejonesvr, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Cortana problem

When I start to type into Cortana it goes off before I finish. Any help please?

Thanks

Steve

:)

stevejonesvr, Jan 3, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Cortana problem

cortana problem

Hi Muhammad,

What happens after that, do you get any error message? I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if it starts.

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    Also restart the PC to fix the issue. Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Cortana problem

1. Cortana problem - Similar Threads - Cortana problem

2. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original...
  3. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original...
  4. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Cortana
  5. Problem with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problem with Cortana: Cortana is not working correctly in my laptop. I just now installed the latest updates available for windows 10 thinking that this would resolve the problem. But even now after installing the updates and restarting my laptop the problem still exists. I've tried to repair,...
  6. Problem with Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Cortana: Cortana is not working correctly in my laptop. I just now installed the latest updates available for windows 10 thinking that this would resolve the problem. But even now after installing the updates and restarting my laptop the problem still exists. I've tried to repair,...
  7. Problem with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. problem i face in cortana

in Cortana
    problem i face in cortana: dear microsoft, please give me an update about cortana because i have these issues cortana cannot hear me hwen i call 3 to 4 times it wakeswhen i ask cortana to search a web or to open an app it is showing"I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."im having a genuine copy of...
  9. How to Fix how to fix There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Fix how to fix There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from...: There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator -This is really annoying, I cant access apps like Photos, Microsoft Store and Other Microsoft Apps.I have tried doing all the fixes like -...
  10. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana Problem: I am facing a major problem in Cortana . When i ask to do something it says i am not equipped to do that. How can in make in equip to do so. Pls help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem/a904d189-b349-407a-88c8-df43b5d39b24