Windows 10: Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.

Discus and support Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update. in Cortana to solve the problem; Love Cortana but it quit working after the most recent Windows update I believe. The app does not appear on the Task Bar. However, changing 'Regedit'... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BillSandusky, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.

Love Cortana but it quit working after the most recent Windows update I believe. The app does not appear on the Task Bar. However, changing 'Regedit' to allow Cortana and changing the zero to #1 adds the app to the Task bar. But an error message continues to state that Cortana is not Active and that I need the Administrators permission even though I am the Administrator. A restart removes Cortana from the Task Bar and changes the Registry back as well. Sure would appreciate some help with this matter. Thanks,

:)

BillSandusky, Nov 18, 2020

2. Cortana is no longer working

Windows 10 installed without difficulty and Cortana worked well. However, following a recent automatic update, Cortana is quite unresponsive. I have gone through the suggested language etc routine but to no avail. Any ideas ?

<Original title - Cortan >

Leslie William, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Cortana strange behaviours

Hello Gabriel,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why Cortana is not working properly:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Did you try to login to a different user account to check if it is the same?

In the meantime, you can try these steps to isolate the issue:

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this

article

on how to troubleshoot Cortana issues

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.

Cortana is not working fine

Hi,

For better understanding the issue let us know few details,

• Have you created any system restore point?

• Are you facing same issue on other user account?

As initial troubleshooting I request you to try below steps,

I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.

And also I suggest you to refer the below link and check.

Fix problems with the Start menu

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.

1. Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update. - Similar Threads - Cortana quit working

2. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  3. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  6. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  7. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problems after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after most recent update: Firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy, but windows forced an update on me today and things seem very wrong with my computer now. Not even sure which subreddit I should be in for help so I'm trying a few. New update kept taking over, full-screen asking to either update now...
  9. After recent update audio quits working after one minute.

After recent update audio quits working after one minute.: Here's the Version 2004 and OS Build 19041.508 Audio will work about a minute and then go silent, microphone is also affected. I can run the trouble shooter and after a scan it suggests changing the driver to the "inbox class driver" whatever that is. Sound will come back...
  10. Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update

Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update: We have a brand new 2 weeks old Brother HL-L3210CW printer that was working just fine until the recent Windows update in June. I spent a long time on the phone with a Brother tech who had me power cycle the printer, uninstall and reinstall drivers and printer...nothing works....