Windows 10: Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

Discus and support Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Charles Belov - SFMTA, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences, most times, Copy and Paste work as I expect.Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-C3. Click somewhere else in a document or field4. Cmd-VExpected and actual results: Text from step 1 now also appears in the focus point for step 3.But every so often, perhaps once a month, the following happens:Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-CExpected: Nothing seems to happen does the copyActual: Get pop-up asking me to log into Cortana3. Workaround: Right-click and choose Cop

:)

Charles Belov - SFMTA, Aug 10, 2022

2. E71x copy/paste keyboard shortcuts?

OK, here's what I get for those key combos:

• fn, then chr = Select Symbol
    • fn + chr = Select Symbol
    • mark text, then fn + chr + X = Select Symbol
    :smileysad: Why would AT&T want to remove a keyboard shortcut for copy/paste?!?!?

diesel_travis, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

E71x copy/paste keyboard shortcuts?

Does anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for copy/pasting text?

It's always such a pain when filling out webforms. Plus some apps (like Opera Mini) don't have a menu option for paste.

diesel_travis, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

1. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts - Similar Threads - Cortana randomly takes

2. Why does my copy and paste shortcut not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my copy and paste shortcut not work?: When I was playing a game, my copy and paste stopped working, and it sucks! I tried copy and pasting everywhere, and restarting my PC. It was working just a moment ago, so please help me fix this!...
  3. Why does my copy and paste shortcut not work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my copy and paste shortcut not work?: When I was playing a game, my copy and paste stopped working, and it sucks! I tried copy and pasting everywhere, and restarting my PC. It was working just a moment ago, so please help me fix this!...
  4. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts: While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences, most times, Copy and Paste work as I expect.Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-C3. Click somewhere else in a document or field4....
  5. copy paste shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy paste shortcuts not working: Hey, Recently my copy paste shortcuts stopped working, but only on my desktop and in the file explorer. In all other apps they are still working and when I rightclick on a file, then I can copy it manually and it is working. But the shprtcuts doesnt even show up right next...
  6. Keyboard takes over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard takes over: I rec'd new laptop with Win 10 less than a wk ago. Past 3 days, when I start to type in a fill field, before I can type, I get: --------------------------------------- or //////////////////// or ******************************* Only a restart clears it. Help?...
  7. New Install - No KeyBoard Shortcuts Copy and Paste etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Install - No KeyBoard Shortcuts Copy and Paste etc: This is a new install from a custom built PC. CTRL C CTRL P CTRL A etc dont work. Though I can copy and paste with the mouse. If I highlight text and right click I dont see any Shortcut suggestions. The CTRL button does not even register when trying to remap with...
  8. Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts: Hi, Everyday, I need to generate dozens of Windows shortcuts as it's an essential feature to me. My problem is that no keyboard shortcut currently exists, so the quickest way to paste Windows shortcuts remains the right-click context menu. It's kind of a waste of time if...
  9. Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts: Hi, Everyday, I need to generate dozens of Windows shortcuts as it's an essential feature to me. My problem is that no keyboard shortcut currently exists, so the quickest way to paste Windows shortcuts remains the right-click context menu. It's kind of a waste of time if...
  10. Copy and Paste taking forever

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy and Paste taking forever: Firstly hello all new to the forum and have browsed for other related issues like mine but cant seem to quite find one thats in the same context so heres my issue.. Laptop specs (its not a brilliant laptop but its quite fast) Issue: when i CTRL + C a folder and CTRL + V...