Windows 10: Cortana randomly triggers without command

Discus and support Cortana randomly triggers without command in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11 on release back in October, Cortana has randomly come up while I'm using my computer without command. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TechStudent10, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Cortana randomly triggers without command

Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11 on release back in October, Cortana has randomly come up while I'm using my computer without command. When Cortana pops up, it reduces the volume of whatever I'm doing so it makes meetings hard. I also find it weird because Cortana is listening and I don't want to say something private and Cortana is just listening.Thanks.

:)

TechStudent10, Jan 12, 2022

2. Cortana Voice Commands for Music Not Working

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand that voice commands for Cortana are not working. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Cortana Command

Hi,

Commanding Cortana to perform the sleep function is possible. You can use Cortana to command a device to go to sleep mode by creating a shortcut for the sleep function. Follow these steps to do:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click inside the Programs folder and then select the New Shortcut option.
    • In the location field, type the following: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0.
    • Name it Sleep.
    • To test if the function is already working, say "Hey Cortana, open Sleep".

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

Cortana randomly triggers without command

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Cortana randomly triggers without command :)

Thema:

Cortana randomly triggers without command

1. Cortana randomly triggers without command - Similar Threads - Cortana randomly triggers

2. My computer is shutting down without the command randomly ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer is shutting down without the command randomly ?: So, title explaines it everything. my pc is shutting down randomly/without the command. and ive installed windows version LTSC last weekend and i thought it was gonna go away. but no, its still shutting down randomly. and i dont want to install new version of windows because...
  3. My computer is shutting down without the command randomly ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is shutting down without the command randomly ?: So, title explaines it everything. my pc is shutting down randomly/without the command. and ive installed windows version LTSC last weekend and i thought it was gonna go away. but no, its still shutting down randomly. and i dont want to install new version of windows because...
  4. My computer is shutting down without the command randomly ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana randomly triggers without command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana randomly triggers without command: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11 on release back in October, Cortana has randomly come up while I'm using my computer without command. When Cortana pops up, it reduces the volume of whatever I'm doing so it makes meetings hard. I also find it weird because Cortana is...
  6. Cortana has been randomely triggering and acting like I say "I love you cortana"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana has been randomely triggering and acting like I say "I love you cortana": I noticed this about 2 days ago I was playing rust and went afk for 10-20 minutes to go to the store when I came back my game was alt tabbed and cortana had popped up and it had registered that someone told her they loved her. I thought maybe someone in game triggered it just...
  7. Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

in Cortana
    Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering: Up until recently, there used to be a setting within Cortana wherein you could train it with your voice. That no longer seems to exist. Concurrently, I find that Cortana is frequently falsely triggered with sounds it hears from other sources for example, newscasts. I am...
  8. Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

in Cortana
    Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering: Up until recently, there used to be a setting within Cortana wherein you could train it with your voice. That no longer seems to exist. Concurrently, I find that Cortana is frequently falsely triggered with sounds it hears from other sources for example, newscasts. Tech...
  9. New cortana app automatically triggering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New cortana app automatically triggering: The cortana app in the latest version of my windows 10 home is been randomly opening . Is that a common cause among everyone ? submitted by /u/mohitmojito [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihbgmo/new_cortana_app_automatically_triggering/
  10. Cortana commands

in Cortana
    Cortana commands: Simple question: Can cortana even do something as simple as switching between open Apps? I mean, it can launch an app (but not close it &#55356;�‍♂️)… It can start playing music on a preferred player, pause music, and even pause and resume youtube videos.... But for the life...