Windows 10: Cortana really screwed me up on that one.

Discus and support Cortana really screwed me up on that one. in Cortana to solve the problem; For some reason, I own a Windows 10 Virtual Machine. (on a mac, using VMware Fusion Pro) (by the way, there are no snapshots or system restore points... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Logan Developer, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Cortana really screwed me up on that one.

For some reason, I own a Windows 10 Virtual Machine. (on a mac, using VMware Fusion Pro) (by the way, there are no snapshots or system restore points or could it be...)

I wanted to use Cortana with my microphone, so I clicked on the Microphone icon, and my Microphone was set up. I said "what is the weather" and it wanted me to sign in. I completely forgot that Microsoft Family was linked with it. I always used the basement PC, with my Microsoft account linked. Before this incident happened, I decided that I wanted to unlink my Microsoft account with the basement PC, it did work. But somehow the present day, I still got the wallpaper and color theme on the VM. When I saw it, I was like "NO NO NO!" so I rushed to the PC settings, went to the account tab, but I wasn't able to delete it. If you can tell me how to delete it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cortana really screwed me up on that one. efa062f0-d53b-46ce-a584-e15f878a2c51?upload=true.png

Sincerely,

Logan

:)

Logan Developer, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Cortana really screwed me up on that one.

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Cortana really screwed me up on that one.

1. Cortana really screwed me up on that one. - Similar Threads - Cortana really screwed

2. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. Thanks for screwing me up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thanks for screwing me up: OneDrive has been saving all my files such as photos, videos and documents without me realizing it I have ADHDI uninstalled OneDrive because i never use it and have no interest in buying it. It deleted ALL MY WORK FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. Tried using system recovery. Files...
  4. Thanks for screwing me up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thanks for screwing me up: OneDrive has been saving all my files such as photos, videos and documents without me realizing it I have ADHDI uninstalled OneDrive because i never use it and have no interest in buying it. It deleted ALL MY WORK FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. Tried using system recovery. Files...
  5. Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  6. really screwed up!

really screwed up!: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  7. This one is really bugging me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This one is really bugging me: [ATTACH] This is my video playback now. Even on downloaded videos it look like this submitted by /u/whostoleBATTERY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2jod7/this_one_is_really_bugging_me/
  8. My Pc is really screwing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc is really screwing up: So I have been having a problem with my taskbar for almost 3 months now where it constantly keeps refreshing even when im playing a full screen game on Steam and it makes my FPS go down for around 5 seconds. I haven't had time to search up on how I can fix it but today my...
  9. Help with One Drive, I screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with One Drive, I screwed up: I have a new computer and didn't want Microsoft copying everything I did to the cloud, so I clicked on one drive and uninstalled it. I just noticed it is still copying my info. I don't see it anywhere, don't know what to do about it, please help me, I am 75 years old and...
  10. I really screwed the pooch!

I really screwed the pooch!: Ok, long story short....after facing low disk space, so no MS update abilities, and then having all the troubleshooters crap out, I started trying like the devil to fix things that might be easy for myself. Well, somehow I switched my account to a local/non administrator...