Windows 10: Cortana Regions And Languages

Discus and support Cortana Regions And Languages in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Mikkie_741, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Cortana Regions And Languages

Cortana is not working again.

It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region'

Please tell all the available regions.

Thanks.

:)

Mikkie_741, Jan 10, 2021
  2. ideal-pc Win User

Cortana isn't available in the region and language you've selected

Hi all,

I know there have been numerous posts regarding Cortana, mostly to do with company policy but I installed Windows 10 Enterprise as a clean install from my MAPS subscription. I cannot turn Cortana on, I have the search box but the option to turn Cortana on
    is greyed out with the message as displayed in the title. If I click on "why?" I get the following description:

Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and
    Spanish
    • To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:
      • Languages (this is your device language)
      • Speech language (language pack must be installed)
      • Country or region
    • Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

I have checked out numerous posts, & made sure that all of my system & language settings are the same, all UK English. I did notice that the speech recognition for Cortana UK English was NOT installed but I have since added that & restarted but Cortana still
    remains disabled. Has anybody else experienced &/or fixed this? Not a life or death issue I know but it's annoying anyway! Look forward to suggestions.

ideal-pc, Jan 10, 2021
  3. setting up cortana in your country/region/language

Below is the official advice

Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and
    Spanish
    • To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:
      • Languages (this is your device language)
      • Speech language (language pack must be installed)
      • Country or region
    • Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

it is incorrect, you also need to change your "Windows Display Language" found in Control Panel>Clock, Language, Region>Language> then select your language and choose "Make this the primary Language" it will prompt you to log off and log back on, then as
    long as the Windows display language matches your Language Speech language and Country / Region in the modern "settings>Time & Language" Cortana will work

LilyMitchell, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Cortana Regions And Languages

Cortana not recognising UK region setting

Hi Laurence,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that as of now Cortana is only available for U.S.-English. Though search will work in all languages.

I suggest you to change the Language and Region to English (United States), United States to explore Cortana.

You may follow below steps to perform the same.

• Press windows key + x
    • Open Control Panel.
    • If you’re in the standard view, open Clock, Language, and Region and then click Region.
    • In Region change the following settings:
      • Go to Formats tab and set format as English (United States).
      • Go to Location tab and set Home Location as United States.
      • Go to Administrative tab and set Current System Locale to English (United States).
    4. In Clock, Language, and Region, click Languages and make sure English (United States) is set as your primary language. If you don’t have the language install, click on Add a language, search for English (United States), install
    it, and set it as your primary.

5. Re-boot your computer and you should now be able to use Cortana outside of the US.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Cortana Regions And Languages

1. Cortana Regions And Languages - Similar Threads - Cortana Regions Languages

2. CORTANA REGION ERROR !!!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CORTANA REGION ERROR !!!?: SALUDOS!! SOY DE SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO, LLEVO TRE DIAS INTENTANDO JUGAR PUBG LITE Y ME SALE UN ERROR EN MI REGION, HE TRATADO DE SOLUCIONARLO CON VARIOS TUTORIALES EN YOUTUBE PERO NADA LO SOLUCIONA. AL IGUAL Q INTENTO USAR CORTANA Y TAMBIEN ME SALE NO DISPONIBLE EN MI REGION!!...
  3. Region and Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region and Language: I have added a wrong region, how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-and-language/5671547b-e950-4c77-b2af-554944ba5676
  4. Cortana isn't supported in the region and language you have selected!!!!!

in Cortana
    Cortana isn't supported in the region and language you have selected!!!!!: My Cortana is not working as my Location and Format is set to INDIA. I clicked on the why link and it showed that change your region to US but I didn't did it as I had some problems due to region and time and date for Microsoft Store. I don't know what to do....
  5. Region and language

Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...
  6. Region & Language

Region & Language: Why doesn't Region & Language show up? It has been about this for 3 months. I updated and restarted the computer many times. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language/c7470674-2f84-44b1-a4f8-73b6f19df89b
  7. Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English: As you can see below, Cortana will not enable despite Australia and English being selected. I am 100% up to date on updates. [img] [img] Is there any other settings I need to change to get Cortana to work? Thanks! 30734
  8. Cortana Not Available In The Region And Language You Have Selected

Cortana Not Available In The Region And Language You Have Selected: As far as i can see i have all the langauge, region, currency & locale information set to English UK but im still getting the following when i try to activate Cortana, Any Thoughts?.... [img] 12395
  9. Regions trouble with Cortana

Regions trouble with Cortana: Why ( and im in canada ) when I got win10 to tell me the local temp in celcius.. cortana tells me the temp in farenheit with no option to change it to celcius.. 9752
  10. Cortana isn't supported in the region or language you've selected.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana isn't supported in the region or language you've selected.: Hey guys, Not long installed the new Windows 10, but I had to change my language pack from English - United States to English - United Kingdom, now I'm trying to activate Cortana, but comes up saying Cortana isn't supported in the region or language you've selected....