Windows 10: Cortana related issue

Discus and support Cortana related issue in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello. I recently updated my pc to Microsoft 2010 version 2004. Prior to this cortana was able to open all the apps when I used to ask it. However... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sagnik Basu, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Cortana related issue

Hello. I recently updated my pc to Microsoft 2010 version 2004. Prior to this cortana was able to open all the apps when I used to ask it. However after this update, whenever I ask her to open or close an app, she would just show me a reply from Bing.com which showed how to open or close the app manually. Does anyone have any solution to this and can you explain it in detail because I am new to this pc.

Your help will be very appreciated

Sagnik

:)

Sagnik Basu, Jun 23, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Cortana Note Book Icon Not Appearing

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

1. Are you unable to turn on cortana?

2. From when is the issue persisting?

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana. To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Amarjeet_Paul, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Cortana related issue

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. option not turn on

Biswajit samal, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Cortana related issue

1. Cortana related issue - Similar Threads - Cortana related issue

2. Cortana related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana related: Can you tell me why i cannot log in in cortana. Does microsoft end cortana service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-related/d1445a23-f6d9-436a-9c28-083584285ed6
  3. Cortana related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana related: Can you tell me why i cannot log in in cortana. Does microsoft end cortana service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-related/d1445a23-f6d9-436a-9c28-083584285ed6
  4. Question related to cortana

in Cortana
    Question related to cortana: Hello Everyone! Happy New Year!!! Just a general question. When my computer was in version 1909, cortana was able to lock the pc, put it to sleep and shut it down. However when I upgraded to version 2004 or 20H2, it cant do the same. IS it same for everyone or just for...
  5. cortana issue

in Cortana
    cortana issue: Hi I am Charan I have updated Cortana to the latest version but still it shows that "Wake word Cortana " is not available do I have a issue in windows Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-issue/70b81440-1694-4c78-a27f-6353f497e895
  6. Issue with cortana

in Cortana
    Issue with cortana: Hi Everyone, I have this issue with using Cortana, where it won't open up when I am in the START full screen. It works fine when I am in another window or when using START small screen. Looking for a way to fix this glitch, it would be great if anyone could help me to...
  7. Related to Cortana

in Cortana
    Related to Cortana: My Cortana is not workingresponding. It's showing Sorry,but Cortana is not available in EnglishIndia at this time. Please help asap I need to use it.... I have tried many steps but still it's not responding....
  8. Related to Cortana

in Cortana
    Related to Cortana: My Cortana is not workingresponding. It's showing Sorry,but Cortana is not available in EnglishIndia at this time. Please help asap I need to use it.... I have tried many steps but still it's not responding....
  9. Query related to changes in Cortana

in Cortana
    Query related to changes in Cortana: microsoft have taken tryping off cortana on windows 10,how can mute people or those with speech problems talk to contana when they have no voice. to talk .they sould be ashamed have they a problem with disabled people?????? or disabled people who have hearing problems??? If...
  10. Cortana Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Issues: I am having trouble with Cortana. It will work at first and for a while and then it will not open the web pages. It makes the sound like it is going to go to the web page but it does not. What can I do to "debug" this issue? I can still use the search by typing it in and it...