Windows 10: Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar

Discus and support Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the left panel of Windows 10 Calendar, there is a Cortana drop down and a box to check for reminders. I have the box checked, yet when I ask Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Dox, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar

In the left panel of Windows 10 Calendar, there is a Cortana drop down and a box to check for reminders. I have the box checked, yet when I ask Cortana to "remind me to..." it puts the reminder in Microsoft Tasks and not in Calendar. Previously, it would put the reminder in the Calendar. How do I get my reminders to show up in my calendar? Did Microsoft change this feature? I could always ask Cortana to add an "event" instead of "remind me to...".

:)

Michael Dox, Nov 2, 2019

2. Cortana Reminders in Calendar (Mail) Windows 10

Hello,

Thanks you for your response. I followed the steps you've indicates in your reply but, unfortunately, there is no specific "Calendar" item and hence no associated button to toggle on to off.

The Calendar App that I am using is also invoked from the Mail App in Windows 10 Home Version.

The problem is when I set a reminder using Cortana, it sets the event in the Calendar. But, there is no delete button to remove the reminder in the Calendar App. And, if the reminder is a series, you will see it indefinitely because you cannot remove it
    from Calendar.

This happens only when I use Cortana to set reminders. If I would on know about this defect, I would never use Cortana to set reminders.

In Calendar, I can see all events from all the accounts I have set, including Cortana. If I select Cortana, I see events I can't remove. If I deselect Cortana, I don't see them any more.

Thanks again for your help.

BrunoCiano, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Cannot reactivate Completed Cortana Reminders in Windows 10

Hi Adrian,

Cortana is your digital agent that will help you doing your daily tasks. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to manage
    Cortana Reminders:

• Open Cortana, then click the hamburger button and select
      Reminders on your phone or click Notebook and select
      Reminders on your Windows 10 PC.
    • You'll find all your reminders sorted by date, click on it and modify according to your preference.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar

Issue opening reminder created via Cortana in Calendar

I accept that there is ADDITIONAL INFORMATION contained within a calendar created event with timer

However having NOT ever used
    Cortana
    and reading the guide, I don't know what additional information there is.

"Hey Cortana remind me to do X task at Y time on Z date"

re "I'm now in a state where I have removed the reminder from the calendar and Cortana BUT I'm still getting the reminder daily.

Whats going ON!!! Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar :("

From the guide

To delete or complete a reminder

• Press the Search
    • Tap and hold a reminder, and then do one of the following:
      • Tap Delete to remove it entirely.
      • Tap Complete to move the reminder to your reminder history.

Philip Anderson's Mother's Son, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar

1. Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar - Similar Threads - Cortana reminders Calendar

2. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  3. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  4. Windows 10 Calendar Default Reminder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calendar Default Reminder: My Windows 10 Calendar default reminder is 24 hours and cannot be changed no matter what I do. If I reset the app, will I lose all my calendar events? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calendar-default-reminder/5ea00e7f-4b29-4fe9-a344-74a5d4b32365
  5. Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana

in Cortana
    Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana: Hi, Is there a way to remove a reminder which has created an event in my calendar, whilst still keeping the original reminder? To rephrase, I want to be reminded by Cortana, but I do not want the reminder to appear as an event on my calendar as it takes up a lot of space,...
  6. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  7. Windows 10 Calendar Reminders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calendar Reminders: I've been unable to get the reminder feature to work. I have no problem setting a reminder, but then nothing happens. Ed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calendar-reminders/4742ce34-e27b-4466-bd59-6210b1856ad3
  8. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  9. Reminders for Windows 10 Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reminders for Windows 10 Calendar: I have just started to use the Windows 10 Calendar app and have set up several 'Test' events with the reminder time set to 15, 30 minutes and 1 hour reminder time. The time for each passes with no indication of a reminder for any of them that I can see. What should they look...
  10. Cortana reminders in calendar on phone, but not PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana reminders in calendar on phone, but not PC?: I have a PC and a Phone both with the latest build of Windows 10 (Stable, not insider) and all of the apps are up to date (updated yesterday to most up to date versions). If I set up a time\date based reminder using Cortana on my phone it appears as an entry in my calendar...