Windows 10: Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away

Discus and support Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away in Cortana to solve the problem; I told Cortana to "Remind me to do X every day at Y". She faithfully did so for a month or so at which point I no longer needed her to remind me. I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MicahZoltu, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away

I told Cortana to "Remind me to do X every day at Y". She faithfully did so for a month or so at which point I no longer needed her to remind me. I proceeded to delete the reminder from Microsoft To Do, yet every day she continues to remind me on my computer.

The reminder does not show up on my mobile device. The reminder does not show up on Microsoft To Do. If I ask Cortana on my desktop what my upcoming reminders are she doesn't tell me I have any. However, every day it pops up in my Windows notification area. If click on it, it doesn't take me anywhere.

I also tried logging out and back in to Cortana to no avail. I have since done a couple Windows updates which required restarts.

At this point, I would like to just flush any Cortana cache I have on my desktop and re-sync from scratch, since it seems I somehow have a messed up cache. The only solution I have seen proposed is basically "erase your hard drive and re-install Windows from scratch" which seems like an obviously terrible solution to one app having a bad cache...

:)

MicahZoltu, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Cortana reminders

Hi,

There are two ways to remove Cortana Reminders on your computer.

Kindly follow the steps o how to delete Reminders.

• Launch Cortana from the list of applications.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Select Reminders.
    • To delete reminders, click the check the box that says Complete and move to History or click the
      Trash bin icon to delete

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Oct 22, 2020
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away

Cannot reactivate Completed Cortana Reminders in Windows 10

Hi Adrian,

Cortana is your digital agent that will help you doing your daily tasks. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to manage
    Cortana Reminders:

• Open Cortana, then click the hamburger button and select
      Reminders on your phone or click Notebook and select
      Reminders on your Windows 10 PC.
    • You'll find all your reminders sorted by date, click on it and modify according to your preference.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away

1. Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away - Similar Threads - Cortana Reminders Won't

2. Cortana in windows is going away soon....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana in windows is going away soon....: End of support for Cortana in Windows - Microsoft SupportI love windows 10/11 Cortana. I have used it frequently since the first retail release of windows 10 1511?. I use it quite frequently. I prefer it over having to dig out my phone or tablet and consulting google...
  3. Cortana in windows is going away soon....

in Cortana
    Cortana in windows is going away soon....: End of support for Cortana in Windows - Microsoft SupportI love windows 10/11 Cortana. I have used it frequently since the first retail release of windows 10 1511?. I use it quite frequently. I prefer it over having to dig out my phone or tablet and consulting google...
  4. Cortana in windows is going away soon....

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cortana / Microsoft To Do reminders won't display reminder on screen

in Cortana
    Cortana / Microsoft To Do reminders won't display reminder on screen: I've used Cortana for a long time as a reminder app without issue. Since Cortana reminders have been associated with/rolled into Microsoft To Do, I can't get the reminder to actually show up on screen in some sort of dialog box. I can set up and edit the reminder just fine....
  6. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  7. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  8. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  9. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  10. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"