Windows 10: Cortana - Remove "Top Apps"

Discus and support Cortana - Remove "Top Apps" in Cortana to solve the problem; When I click on the Cortana "circle" in the taskbar, it shows a history of my "Top Apps" How do I disable this? Thanks... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by lgbalfa, Mar 15, 2019.

1. lgbalfa Win User

Cortana - Remove "Top Apps"

When I click on the Cortana "circle" in the taskbar, it shows a history of my "Top Apps"

How do I disable this?

Thanks

:)

lgbalfa, Mar 15, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Cortana - Remove "Top Apps"

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Cortana - Remove "Top Apps"

1. Cortana - Remove "Top Apps" - Similar Threads - Cortana Remove Top

2. Make Cortana removable

in Cortana
    Make Cortana removable: I run Windows 10 on a 128GB SSD and with windows 10 ever growing with future updates I think it should be made possible to completely uninstall cortana without breaking anything. I ran a powershell script I found online that removes a bunch of stuff but didn't actually free...
  3. apps not showing on Desk top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps not showing on Desk top: For some reason all my index of Apps have gone missing from the Desk top screen, and I have not touched the PC for days, they were all there the last time I Looked...
  4. CORTANA REMOVING COOKIES

in Cortana
    CORTANA REMOVING COOKIES: WILL DELITING COOKIES WITH CCLEANER HAVE A AFFECT ON CORTANA I JUST BOUGHT A INVOKE /CORTANA AND DONT WHANT TO CLEAR ITS MEMORY AND WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO GET CORTANA TO LEARN MORE AND WHAT ELSE SHOULDN'T I DELITE THANK YOU WAYNE AND HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY AND NEW...
  5. Remove Cortana

in Cortana
    Remove Cortana: I'm having problems with Cortana acting erratically and self manipulating the screen. How can I remove Cortana? Are there any Microsoft updates or software to remove Cortana? I have all the Cortana settings off, but that still hasn't deactivated Cortana. It constantly...
  6. REMOVING CORTANA

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING CORTANA: I want CORTANA GONE. I do not and will not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-cortana/bb919d6e-1f7f-4cc9-b39c-cc5244a56caa
  7. remove the top OneDrive icon

in Windows 10 Support
    remove the top OneDrive icon: Hello everyone. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the top OneDrive icon, the one right bellow Quick Access on the first image above, and just keep the OneDrive icon in the User Folder or in the This PC folder? I have like three OneDrive icons in the Navigation...
  8. cortana removal

cortana removal: Can someone please show me how to remove Cortana.Find it a nuisance. 36087
  9. Removing Cortana permanently?

Removing Cortana permanently?: Is it true that there is no way to permanently remove Cortana in W10 home so it does not run in the background or report back to MS? I've searched the web, taken possession of the searchui file and disabled it, but task manager shows it restarting and running in the...
  10. Removing Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Settings from all apps list

Removing Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Settings from all apps list: First off Hello everybody and sorry this is my first post I am normally just a lurker. This forum, even though I have never posted ,has been a huge help with quite a few things and a great resource in general. Trying to clear out the All Apps list on the start menu. Most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove top apps from cortana

2. cortana top apps