Windows 10: Cortana Replaced by Search Icon Unable to Restore

Discus and support Cortana Replaced by Search Icon Unable to Restore in Cortana to solve the problem; Recently I realized that my Cortana icon had become a magnifying glass instead. I assumed that I had turned her off at one point, but quickly found out... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ASilverSpartan, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Cortana Replaced by Search Icon Unable to Restore

Recently I realized that my Cortana icon had become a magnifying glass instead. I assumed that I had turned her off at one point, but quickly found out that my ability to reactivate her was also missing: https://imgur.com/a/dANLrlQ

Additionally, I have no notebook icon in the search box. I simply have the home icon and the settings icon far below it.

I have searched many other forums and have attempted to resolve this using SFC (nothing found), DISM image repair (nothing found), added BingSearchEnabled to the correct registry path with the correct hexadecimal, and ran windows update to confirm that I was completely up-to-date. I am at a loss here if anyone has suggestions or a similar issue. Thanks!

:)

ASilverSpartan, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Hobbamok Win User

Replace cortana icon with search icon in Windows 10 v 1703

I simply want to replace Cortana with the normal search bar, like it was easily possible.

The Problem is that everyone points to a registry edit. An example would be the first answer to this one: Replace cortana icon with search icon in Windows 10 v1607. But that value already exists and has the value 0.

Cortana Replaced by Search Icon Unable to Restore GKCK7.png

Cortana still exists (not really Cortana, but the thing still opens Edge when it cant find what I m looking for immediately).

I used to have the normal search bar there, but then had to reset my PC and now not even that registry edit helps. What can I do to restore the old search behavior/bar?

Hobbamok, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana Replaced by Search Icon Unable to Restore [​IMG]

Try0x101, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Cortana Replaced by Search Icon Unable to Restore

Cortana Note Book Icon Not Appearing

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

1. Are you unable to turn on cortana?

2. From when is the issue persisting?

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana. To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Amarjeet_Paul, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Replaced by Search Icon Unable to Restore

1. Cortana Replaced by Search Icon Unable to Restore - Similar Threads - Cortana Replaced Search

2. Windows search bar icon replaced

in Cortana
    Windows search bar icon replaced: Very strange issue here. We have a user with a search bar icon/image that has been replaced with something different. So far i know there are no company policy 's for this. We can't find what it is.How it, offcourse, should look...
  3. Windows search bar icon replaced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search bar icon replaced: Very strange issue here. We have a user with a search bar icon/image that has been replaced with something different. So far i know there are no company policy 's for this. We can't find what it is.How it, offcourse, should look...
  4. Windows search bar icon replaced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana Search Icons not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Icons not Working: Hello, since I installed the new Google Drive App, my Cortana Search Icons are not showing anymore. Is there a way to fix this without deleting Google Drive....
  6. Replace Search icon with Search box issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace Search icon with Search box issue: Hello, I have this problem with my lenovo yoga, where I have the search icon in my taskbar, but I want the search box to replace the icon, I have tried to right click the taskbar and look for "properties" to access "Access Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", but I don't have...
  7. How to change search icon with cortana circle icon???

in Cortana
    How to change search icon with cortana circle icon???: Respect all! Do you know how to change search icon [ATTACH]with cortana circle icon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-search-icon-with-cortana-circle-icon/bb6b23b4-45fd-4acf-b4be-6e66621e2453"
  8. Cortana icon is the search icon instead of the circle...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana icon is the search icon instead of the circle...: Weird issue here... I installed Windows’s 10 18290 on 2 of my laptops from a fresh iso...and instead of the cortana icon being the circle it’s the search icon? And cortana is activated working like normal. On my laptop it’s the circle cortana icon. Weird.. I tried disabling...
  9. Small taskbar icons and Cortana search

Small taskbar icons and Cortana search: Hey guys *Smile Have a question! When using “small taskbar icons” is their a way to show the cortana search bar? Thanks, greatly appreciated! 105387
  10. Replace Windows 10 Cortana Search with Windows 8.1 Everywhere Search

Replace Windows 10 Cortana Search with Windows 8.1 Everywhere Search: In Windows 10, the Search app became Cortana and got its own tile and AppID, Microsoft.Cortana_8wekyb3d8bbwe. Windows 8.1 featured a standalone Search app which was capable of running even when UAC is disabled. The Search app in Windows 8.1 is located inside the file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana replaced with search

2. cortana replaced by search

3. cortana icon replaced with magnifying glass