Windows 10: Cortana responding to burps

Discus and support Cortana responding to burps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every other time I burp, Cortana says "sorry about that, I didn't hear anything". Is she trying to be funny? If she didn't hear anything, why is she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by THX1138, Aug 4, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Cortana responding to burps

Every other time I burp, Cortana says "sorry about that, I didn't hear anything". Is she trying to be funny? If she didn't hear anything, why is she interrupting my music and/or gaming? The worst is when I'm playing a full-screen game; as if I'd ask Cortana to do anything whilst I'm busy trying to delay my death in a computer game.

:)

THX1138, Aug 4, 2017
  2. Jejghfhf Win User

Acer Nitro fan sound

Yes it that burp

I can hear this only at the laptop boot up

thankx for reply

Jejghfhf, Aug 4, 2017
  3. avtir66 Win User
    Issues with Denim update; Lumia 822

Shoot! I meant this to be my accepted solution! Although it did take 2 days with my wi-fi burping.

avtir66, Aug 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Cortana responding to burps [​IMG]

Apparently interpreting 'Erp' as 'Hey'.
    Try turning one or the other off.. *chuckle

dalchina, Aug 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Cortana responding to burps - Similar Threads - Cortana responding burps

2. Cortana and Search not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not responding: Hi, After a new update KB4497165 on my windows 10 version 1909, the Cortana and Search on the toolbar are not responding when I click them. I have tried to uninstall the latest update, reset the search box and running troubleshoot. But nothing works. I am not sure if this...
  3. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: Hi All, I recently bought surface book. OS is upgraded to latest. When I open the Cortana, it opens up and waiting for my voice. Even though, I speak something, Cortana is not Responding back. I used voice recorder application to test, which was working perfectly....
  4. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  5. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  6. let cortana respond to ''Hey Cortana''

in Cortana
    let cortana respond to ''Hey Cortana'': the button to this feature is locked how do I turn it on * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-cortana-respond-to-hey-cortana/55e73b68-a4f3-4840-914f-f150ffb8c28f"
  7. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: My Cortana is not responding anymore since I have upgraded to Window 10 (1903). It worked just fine before the upgrade but now I cannot the Cortana to hear me ( the microphone and speakers work just fine). I tried everything but nothing is working....
  8. Cortana will not respond to queries

in Cortana
    Cortana will not respond to queries: Cortana pops up when I say "Hey Cortana" but when I speak to it more, it prompty shuts down, refusing to complete any queries. Things I have tried: 1. Turning Cortana speech on and off again 2. Configuring speech multiple times 3. Making sure that display and speech...
  9. Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana": Hey guys, I have windows 10 pro 64bit and a couple days ago when I said hey cortana it opened up and I could say stuff like what time is it. Now (without changing anything) it responds to "Hey Cortana" but after that it just says "Listening..." until I close it. Same thing if...
  10. Cortana not audibly responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana not audibly responding: Cortana works for me, kind of. "Hey Cortana" always pop up her search window and everything I say gets transcribed but there is no audio. No chime when activated, no saying weather, nada on everything. The audio worked in build 9926 but not in 10041 or 10049. Any know of a...