Windows 10: Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why?

Discus and support Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, so my friend and I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 today. We have set up Cortana, but mine acts differently than his. When I say "Hey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KasaiKoneko, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why?

Hey everyone, so my friend and I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 today. We have set up Cortana, but mine acts differently than his. When I say "Hey Cortana" she responds with a beep, and then I can ask questions. However, my friend can start a sentence off with just "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana", and she'll respond with phrases, such as "that's me!" etc. Is there a way to make my Cortana more like his, more lifelike?

:)

KasaiKoneko, Jul 28, 2015

2. How to Activate the Cortana service in Window Phone

Hello Friends,

I'm using window phone lumia 535 last 2 years. I know Cortana feature available in my phone but no have any idea how to use them. So anyone guide me about Cortana Service.

Thanks

RaviChauhan03, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Cortana Searches the Web but doesn't open apps

For some reason, when I tell Cortana to open an application, she does a search on Bing instead.

For example, if I say "Hey Cortana, open Microsoft Word." she instead opens Bing in my browser and searches for "Open Microsoft word."

If I say "Open minecraft." she instead does a search on bing for "Open minecraft."

I talked with a friend on Skype about the issue and shared my screen to show what's happening. His Cortana is opening things for him just fine and I heard her responding to his requests to open things. I then talked to a Microsoft Answer Tech through the
    spiffy contact support app and ended up allowing the tech to connect to my system and look things over. She couldn't figure out why Cortana isn't doing as she's told to either. This is the only problem I'm having with Cortana. She's been telling me jokes
    and singing to me all day just fine.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with a pretty standard installation, just like the friend I talked to on skype. Anyone have any ideas?

EnzeruOnizuka, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why?

1. Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why? - Similar Threads - Cortana responds differently

2. Cortana giving me the silent treatment (Not hearing me, not responding)

in Cortana
    Cortana giving me the silent treatment (Not hearing me, not responding): Cortana won't respond to me nor will she talk, no matter what i do. She really isn't a personal assistant anymore, just a search bar sitting on my taskbar. If I press the mic icon, I don't even get the chance to say anything before the "Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear...
  3. Got any ideas why my laptop will not sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Got any ideas why my laptop will not sleep?: I close the laptop lid, the screen blanks, but I can see from continued disk activity that the laptop has not entered Sleep state. In a few minutes, battery charge goes from 100% to 82%. What would cause this? Can it be corrected? Warm Regards, Mark....
  4. Why does my router have a different country code than US ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does my router have a different country code than US ?: My network diagnostic report showed other networks in the area with US country code, but my router has a XO country code. Why?...
  5. Any ideas why 'Add a device' dialog will not [Cancel] or [Close]?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any ideas why 'Add a device' dialog will not [Cancel] or [Close]?: COMPUTER: Acer Predator G9-792-73UG running Win10 Home, Ver 1803, OS build 17134.165. PROBLEM: 'Add a device' dialog will not [Cancel] or [Close]. THE CAST OF CHARACTERS: 'Predator Ports.png' (a picture I made identifying the Predator's ports), TotalCommander (an excellent,...
  6. Windows Cortana Not responding to any working Mic

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Cortana Not responding to any working Mic: Hi Guys Windows Cortana is not responding to any working Mic. I am on 1803 OS Build 17134.48 I have followed all the pages I can find on here. Nothing works but my MIcs are fine I have even tested them with online mic checkers. The mic setup works fine but it will not hear....
  7. Any ideas as to why my laptop freezes? More info inside

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any ideas as to why my laptop freezes? More info inside: Computer: ASUSTek Q524UQ 2-in-1 Laptop/Tabet -Purchased in early August, 2016 Specs: Intel i7-6500U Dual Core 2.5GHz Processor NVIDIA GeForce 940MX - 2GB 2TB HDD @ 5400 RPM 12GB DDR4 SDRAM @ 2133 MHz NOTICE: I would consider myself a decently experienced...
  8. Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?: Hi Guys ! I was wondering if there is a way to get Cortana to respond to my written inputs with her voice rather than text. Or both. Is there ? Thanks ! PS. Sorry if this is a dumb question ... plz remove it if it's in violation of the forum rules 66145
  9. Cortana responding to burps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana responding to burps: Every other time I burp, Cortana says "sorry about that, I didn't hear anything". Is she trying to be funny? If she didn't hear anything, why is she interrupting my music and/or gaming? The worst is when I'm playing a full-screen game; as if I'd ask Cortana to do anything...
  10. Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry?: Hi folks, I have been using the excellent reg edit tutorial on this site to disable upgrading to 10 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html I like to go manually into the registry without downloading the app to do it, and it has worked well on one my...