Windows 10: Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why?

Discus and support Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, so my friend and I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 today. We have set up Cortana, but mine acts differently than his. When I say "Hey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KasaiKoneko, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why?

Hey everyone, so my friend and I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 today. We have set up Cortana, but mine acts differently than his. When I say "Hey Cortana" she responds with a beep, and then I can ask questions. However, my friend can start a sentence off with just "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana", and she'll respond with phrases, such as "that's me!" etc. Is there a way to make my Cortana more like his, more lifelike?

:)

KasaiKoneko, Jul 28, 2015

2. How to Activate the Cortana service in Window Phone

Hello Friends,

I'm using window phone lumia 535 last 2 years. I know Cortana feature available in my phone but no have any idea how to use them. So anyone guide me about Cortana Service.

Thanks

RaviChauhan03, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Cortana Searches the Web but doesn't open apps

For some reason, when I tell Cortana to open an application, she does a search on Bing instead.

For example, if I say "Hey Cortana, open Microsoft Word." she instead opens Bing in my browser and searches for "Open Microsoft word."

If I say "Open minecraft." she instead does a search on bing for "Open minecraft."

I talked with a friend on Skype about the issue and shared my screen to show what's happening. His Cortana is opening things for him just fine and I heard her responding to his requests to open things. I then talked to a Microsoft Answer Tech through the
    spiffy contact support app and ended up allowing the tech to connect to my system and look things over. She couldn't figure out why Cortana isn't doing as she's told to either. This is the only problem I'm having with Cortana. She's been telling me jokes
    and singing to me all day just fine.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with a pretty standard installation, just like the friend I talked to on skype. Anyone have any ideas?

EnzeruOnizuka, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why?

1. Cortana responds differently to me than my friend. Any idea why? - Similar Threads - Cortana responds differently

2. Why my Cortana menu different

in Cortana
    Why my Cortana menu different: Other Cortana Menu: [ATTACH] My cortana menu: [ATTACH] How can i get the same at first one. [Move from Thai] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-cortana-menu-different/1da63d9b-45d9-4c5b-ab32-de64f69764ba
  3. Cortana hears me but doesn't respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but doesn't respond: Cortana suddenly will not respond to me. If I say "hey cortana" it pops up and allows me to say something but then just spins and stops eventually. I've spent probably a total of 4-5 hours researching and attempting literally every solution I can find. I've even done system...
  4. Cortana can hear me, but still won't respond to any questions

in Cortana
    Cortana can hear me, but still won't respond to any questions: So when I say "Hey Cortana" or click the little Cortana icon, she pops up. As I am asking her a question, I can see the words across the bottom of the screen so obviously she hears me. After that, the little circle icon will either spin for a few minutes and close, or she'll...
  5. Any Idea Why This Is Showing Up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Idea Why This Is Showing Up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MiczPrd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkvlpg/any_idea_why_this_is_showing_up/
  6. Any ideas? Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas? Why is this happening?: https://reddit.com/link/f4168f/video/jlhxds418zg41/player submitted by /u/iCaff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4168f/any_ideas_why_is_this_happening/
  7. Cortana Idea

in Cortana
    Cortana Idea: So I was playing rocket league and when I said "Hey Cortana" She opened as per usual the only problem was that when she popped up my mouse went off the window and for me to keep playing I had to re click the game window to be able to move again I have double monitor so my...
  8. why does cortana not respond to my voice

in Cortana
    why does cortana not respond to my voice: cortana does not speaK to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cortana-not-respond-to-my-voice/3567bcfc-062a-4deb-a2b9-097d7b8b06d3"
  9. My Cursor is not working as well as my Cortana is not responding to me.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Cursor is not working as well as my Cortana is not responding to me.: I have had my new Hp Spectre X360 2019 for just about a month and I am already having an issue with my mouse. My touchpad mouse pointer is not working and I have tried rolling back the update but that has not helped. It is getting a little bit annoying not having a pointer....
  10. Windows Cortana Not responding to any working Mic

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Cortana Not responding to any working Mic: Hi Guys Windows Cortana is not responding to any working Mic. I am on 1803 OS Build 17134.48 I have followed all the pages I can find on here. Nothing works but my MIcs are fine I have even tested them with online mic checkers. The mic setup works fine but it will not hear....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Does cortana respond differently to different people