Windows 10: Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why?

Discus and support Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why? in Cortana to solve the problem; I have been having this issue since the 1st 20H1 build of windows 10 as Cortana has been moved to beta app. Whatever I ask except about my calendar,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by anmolvirk1997, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why?

I have been having this issue since the 1st 20H1 build of windows 10 as Cortana has been moved to beta app. Whatever I ask except about my calendar, alarms or emails, it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." It seems cortana is not accessing internet and addressing relating queries.

:)

anmolvirk1997, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

cortana not responding

Hello,

There are a number of reasons why Cortana has stopped working on your device. To better assist you, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Is this issue happening to all of your commands?
    • Have you checked your mic if it’s working properly?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . This article contains steps that you can perform to address your query.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Cortana Does Not Respond to "Hey, Cortana"

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us with the below information;

• Did you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Does the Cortana search tool work properly?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps resolve the issue;

• Right click on the
      speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your desktop.
    • Select "Recording Devices".
    • Select your main input microphone.
    • Speak into the microphone.
    • Note the sound level meter. You want the level meter to peak every so often at the top of the bar but still show good bounce during your spoken text.
    • Ensure the microphone input is still selected and
      click properties
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • If you have a microphone boost set it in the middle.
    • Now adjust the microphone gain by moving the slider.

10. Click “Apply” and verify that the level meter is responding as described in step 5.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try the troubleshooting methods and check if it helps;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why?

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why?

1. Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why? - Similar Threads - Cortana responds Sorry

2. Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11: I setup Cortana recently on my new Windows 11, and it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every task. Be it making a new list, accessing my calendar, or even turning up the volume. It will do simple tasks like tell me a joke, but that's pretty useless.I have done...
  3. Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11: I setup Cortana recently on my new Windows 11, and it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every task. Be it making a new list, accessing my calendar, or even turning up the volume. It will do simple tasks like tell me a joke, but that's pretty useless.I have done...
  4. Cortana reply's with "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that." to set alarm and other common...

in Cortana
    Cortana reply's with "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that." to set alarm and other common...: Hello, I'm using Cortana on my laptop for a long time to set alarms and reminders but today after updating my windows I lost the ability to do that. I can still set alarms on my pc which is also running the latest update with the latest version of Cortana. I don't know why...
  5. Cortana not working "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." after Windows update 20H2

in Cortana
    Cortana not working "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." after Windows update 20H2: Hi, I just updated my windows and Cortana doesn't work. I can't set reminders, open spotify etc. "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." At the beginning she was totally not working, but I manage to change that. "Sorry, but Cortana is not available in English United Kingdom...
  6. When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this"

in Cortana
    When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this": When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this" what should I do? Cortana has been permitted to access calendar....
  7. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  8. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

in Cortana
    Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here.": Hello, I have a new out of the box Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. My PC and Phone are connected properly and I can do things on my phone like open and set the alarm or schedule a reminder but when I ask it to open messenger or Facebook and other apps I just get "Sorry, I can't...
  9. Query about Cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    Query about Cortana: When I interact with Cortana, the Start menu opens. Can I use it without opening Start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-cortana/bcae4e0f-90b4-488e-b039-5742db317a7b
  10. Cortana will not respond to queries

in Cortana
    Cortana will not respond to queries: Cortana pops up when I say "Hey Cortana" but when I speak to it more, it prompty shuts down, refusing to complete any queries. Things I have tried: 1. Turning Cortana speech on and off again 2. Configuring speech multiple times 3. Making sure that display and speech...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana sorry i cant help with that 19025

2. cortana only says sorry cat help with that