Windows 10: Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up

Discus and support Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did my fourth install of windows 10 on a machine but this time I am getting a strange issue. Everytime Windows boots a box labeled "Cortana" pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zekeman, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Zekeman Win User

Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up

I did my fourth install of windows 10 on a machine but this time I am getting a strange issue. Everytime Windows boots a box labeled "Cortana" pops up and whenever I close it it just comes back. I searched further and this window is "searchui.exe" but the kicker is not only cant I get it to hide, its the search feature so when you hit then windows start key and try to search it starts bringing up options in that windows instead of the start menu. Also whenever I bring up the settings page I can see the options for a few seconds and then the box goes white until i minimize then maximize then the view comes back for a few seconds.

Any ideas?

:)

Zekeman, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Vero916 Win User

Cortana/SeachUi.exe

After an install from 8.1 to windows 10 I noticed a app in the taskbar which is labeled "Cortana" which is linked to "searchui.exe" This App wont allow me to close it from the task bar (No its not the search windows icon) its popping up like an Application.
    Every time I close it, it comes back a second later. And I notice if I do a search in the from windows icon it jumps to the "Cortana" app instead of it being integrated in the Start Menu like my other windows 10 machine. How can I "reattach" or "permanently
    dismiss" this cortana app from the task bar its highly annoying.

Thanks

Veronica

Vero916, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Babu V Win User
    Cortana/SeachUi.exe

Hi Veronica,

Right click on Taskbar click Search, select
    Hidden. This will hide search option from Taskbar. If this does not help,
    please post the screenshot of your taskbar.

Refer to the following link for instructions to upload the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope this helps.

Babu V, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up

1. Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up - Similar Threads - Cortana SeachUi exe

2. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Cortana
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  3. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  4. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings: My laptop is 2 years old, but recently cortana keeps popping up.I can't stop it.If I click on the 3 dots on cortana looking for settings, the only choices are 'sign in', 'keyboard shortcut', 'feedback' and 'about', but not settings.If I go into windows settings, there is no...
  6. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings: My laptop is 2 years old, but recently cortana keeps popping up.I can't stop it.If I click on the 3 dots on cortana looking for settings, the only choices are 'sign in', 'keyboard shortcut', 'feedback' and 'about', but not settings.If I go into windows settings, there is no...
  7. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Cortana
  8. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  9. Cortana pop ups/selfy

in Cortana
    Cortana pop ups/selfy: Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block the screen... That is creepy, I would like Cortana to stop everything unless I ask for it? Was this a programmer joke.? WTH...
  10. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...