Windows 10: Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

Discus and support Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Window 10 Observed behaviors:Cortana crashes immediately upon opening.Search crashes immediately upon opening, Both from the taskbar as well as File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimpemberton, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

Window 10 Observed behaviors:Cortana crashes immediately upon opening.Search crashes immediately upon opening, Both from the taskbar as well as File Explorer.Store opens, will search for apps, but crashes when I try to access one.I've been through every commonly known repair and update including a Windows repair.However, if I log out of Cortana, it won't crash... until I log back in. Knowing this, I created a second user account and everything works in the local account. I went back to my user account disconnected from the Internet and it still doesn't work. Therefore, the issue is with my use

:)

jimpemberton, Oct 23, 2021
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2021 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly [​IMG]

Try0x101, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Bill A57 Win User

Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

Windows 10 Start Menu, search and Cortana still not functioning correctly

I had some issues with Start Menu not functioning. this was solved in a post by a Microsoft Engineer Giridhar J. However, although the Start menu is now functioning along with the notifications. there are some glitches still.

I cannot pin folders to the start menu. Search and Cortana still does not work properly. Search is glitchy at best having to click on the start button then immediately click in the search box for it to work. Cortana does not work and is not listed as a app
    any more.

Any suggestions?

here is a screen shot of the start options

Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly e74c651a-d870-41fe-86bc-aa4b64133493.jpg

Bill A57, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

1. Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly - Similar Threads - Cortana Search Store

2. MS Store and apps aren't working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store and apps aren't working.: Most of the apps such as settings , Microsoft store , and 3rd parties from the store including NVIDIA Control Panel aren't working. It ends up giving a bar acting like if its going to install. I made this Gaming PC 2 weeks ago and Its not working with any apps. How can I fix...
  3. MS Store and apps aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store and apps aren't working.: Most of the apps such as settings , Microsoft store , and 3rd parties from the store including NVIDIA Control Panel aren't working. It ends up giving a bar acting like if its going to install. I made this Gaming PC 2 weeks ago and Its not working with any apps. How can I fix...
  4. MS Store and apps aren't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

in Cortana
    Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly: Window 10 Observed behaviors:Cortana crashes immediately upon opening.Search crashes immediately upon opening, Both from the taskbar as well as File Explorer.Store opens, will search for apps, but crashes when I try to access one.I've been through every commonly known repair...
  6. Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly: Window 10 Observed behaviors:Cortana crashes immediately upon opening.Search crashes immediately upon opening, Both from the taskbar as well as File Explorer.Store opens, will search for apps, but crashes when I try to access one.I've been through every commonly known repair...
  7. The icons of Windows Store apps aren't properly displayed on Windows Search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The icons of Windows Store apps aren't properly displayed on Windows Search: Hello. I'm a Windows 10 user. My icons of apps downloaded and installed from Windows store are now blank on Windows Search.I tried resetting Windows Store and even those apps and then reinstall them but nothing worked. Please help!...
  8. My Search Icons aren't displaying properly

in Cortana
    My Search Icons aren't displaying properly: Hi Guys! For some reason, whenever I type an app that Microsoft gives like Calculator or Mail, it shows a different icon, i recently updated all my Microsoft Store apps, the new icons dont come on the search, but on the taskbar and the apps list they come! Please help me...
  9. Search not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search not functioning properly: when one searches for a file on the desktop no results are found except when srarching 'documents' , Windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-not-functioning-properly/9129fb04-9062-40a4-b8b5-6c700d909ada"
  10. cortana / search not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana / search not working properly: Spent all day with new laptop getting it setup. Apart from some hiccups all gone well but one glitch. Cortana works pretty much fine but the search facility isn't working properly. Say I want to 'create a restore point'. I'll type 'res' and it gets found by Cortana as per the...