Windows 10: Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It

Discus and support Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello. A couple days ago my search bar stopped working and I've been trying to fix it for hours. When I click the search bar it acts like its going to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by IAnimalLoves, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It

Hello. A couple days ago my search bar stopped working and I've been trying to fix it for hours. When I click the search bar it acts like its going to work, but then crashes immediately. I've also noticed that when I scroll through the applications in the start page it crashes said start page. I've tried so many things that it's getting frustrating. I restarted my PC multiple times, ended the task for the search bar, Cortana, and numerous other things, I've done powerchell, among numerous other things, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas??

:)

IAnimalLoves, Nov 3, 2019
  2. duckvenom Win User

Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It

Cortana Search Bar Not Working

Hi Kayla,

Software conflicts is one of the possible reasons why Cortana search bar is not working. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this

article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It

1. Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It - Similar Threads - Cortana Search Bar

2. My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

in Cortana
    My search bar keeps crashing when i open it: My search bar keeps crashing every time i open it or it closes but i have done the sfc scan now ive done dism online cleanup image restore health and it still wont respond also its been doing this for months now and i still dont know what to do....
  3. My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar keeps crashing when i open it: My search bar keeps crashing every time i open it or it closes but i have done the sfc scan now ive done dism online cleanup image restore health and it still wont respond also its been doing this for months now and i still dont know what to do....
  4. My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana Search Bar Crashing

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashing: Hey all, Today i've had an issue come up to where my Search Bar just randomly glitches out. Basically whenever I click on it, the search bar comes up blank, and crashes about 2 - 5 seconds later. Sometimes a string of text randomly appears saying...
  6. cortana and search bar

in Cortana
    cortana and search bar: why is my task bar like this . How can i combine cortana and search bar . Please tell me i am ready to change registory too.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-bar/41bb3ef4-95f0-46e7-80b0-d84c18b0f469
  7. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...
  8. Cortana search bar in not open

in Cortana
    Cortana search bar in not open: How can I turn on the Cortana search bar? I can talk to ask Cortana a question but I cannot type the question. The search bar is accessible. The microphone is visible....
  9. Cortana/Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana/Search Bar: I turned Off "Hey Cortana" in the Voice in Setting and it goes back to On all by itself. This intelligence is too "artificial. Let's get this fixed, As a Windows Insider I'm deeply disappointed Microsoft has not resolved this issue....
  10. Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar: Hi there! I need help figuring out how to be able to use the type here to search section again on my task bar. Since last night I have not been able to. When I click on it to type, it goes straight to highlighting the mic picture in blue and is not allowing me to type at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana search bar crash