Windows 10: Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

Discus and support Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter in Cortana to solve the problem; You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NishaDokania, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

You can solve this problem with the solution given below:

1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard

2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard

3. When the Services dialog box appears.

Scroll down and find the option for "Windows Search" left click on it and select "Stop" then select Properties

4.Then click on "Start"

5. Then close the dialog box and go to windows Search

6. Now see it is Fixed

Now it works fine like before

:)

NishaDokania, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Gil deG Win User

I type one letter in cortana search bar and it crashes and closes

Hi Oscar,

One of the possible reasons why Cortana crashes after you typed in one letter is that your system got corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

article

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gil deG, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Cortana crash after typing in letters

When I attempt to use the Cortana search bar built into the taskbar, it lets me type in 1-3 letters, and then it crashes. In the task manager, the Cortana process ends itself and restarts.

joshfreedy, Jun 7, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

John Ado, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

1. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter - Similar Threads - Cortana Search Bar

2. Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

in Cortana
    Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.: Recently I just have been using the desktop for a while and this is the first time that I got this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-1-letter-in-the-search-bar-causes-it-to/68a0eaec-75e5-43d8-833a-771bf41a1068
  3. Cortana Search Bar Crashing

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashing: Hey all, Today i've had an issue come up to where my Search Bar just randomly glitches out. Basically whenever I click on it, the search bar comes up blank, and crashes about 2 - 5 seconds later. Sometimes a string of text randomly appears saying...
  4. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  5. Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter: I downloaded and installed a windows update yesterday and now everytime I type anything in windows search it crashes. submitted by /u/Znuffles_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkg31z/windows_10_search_bar_crashes_after_typing_one/
  6. typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars

in Cortana
    typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars: why cant i type in the cortana search bar among others, im not aware of any changes i have made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-in-the-cortana-search-bar-among-other/201dc3c2-ebe4-4271-8e8e-ccfbb42ad194"
  7. Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It: Hello. A couple days ago my search bar stopped working and I've been trying to fix it for hours. When I click the search bar it acts like its going to work, but then crashes immediately. I've also noticed that when I scroll through the applications in the start page it...
  8. not able to type in Cortana search bar

in Cortana
    not able to type in Cortana search bar: I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes me think its not loading on start. I am able to track down the windows search function and have tried to rest that but it is...
  9. "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

in Cortana
    "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana): OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me...
  10. Cortana freezes when typing in a search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana freezes when typing in a search: I'm having a fun problem on my shiny new Win 10 machine. Cortana freezes when I start to type in the search box. Is there 1) a way to actually fix this? I've looked all over web and I don't see anything definitive or 2) is there a way to replace Cortana? I'm not...