Windows 10: Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

Discus and support Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working in Cortana to solve the problem; So I'm on Windows 10 v20H2 and whenever I restart my laptop or whenever the system boots, the search bar just doesn't work. I did some research... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JasonHe54, Nov 30, 2020.

1. JasonHe54 Win User

Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

So I'm on Windows 10 v20H2 and whenever I restart my laptop or whenever the system boots, the search bar just doesn't work. I did some research previously and found that running the .exe at this file path "fixes" it, except I'd have to do it each time the search bar stops working.

The path is "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe"

Sometimes it requires me to force quit the "Search" process and then run the .exe file.

Is there an actual way to fix this issue?

:)

JasonHe54, Nov 30, 2020

2. Search bar and Cortana suddenly stopped working

Any idea why my Search Bar and Cortana stopped working on my windows 10? I really don't care about Cortana but the search bar is somewhat helpful.

wetookalittlebacon, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Search bar at the bottom of the screen randomly pops up while scrolling.

Original title: Search Bar Problem

The Search bar at the bottom of the screen randomly pops up while scrolling. It is super frustrating and I cannot get it to stop. I have tried adjusting the mouse settings. Cortana is turned off. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Adriana Van, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

Cortana Search Bar Not Working

Hi Kayla,

Software conflicts is one of the possible reasons why Cortana search bar is not working. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this

article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

1. Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working - Similar Threads - Cortana Search Bar

2. Search Bar and Cortana won't work?

in Cortana
    Search Bar and Cortana won't work?: This happened like a week ago when my computer was force-shut off before it fully shut itself off. I can't use the Search Bar without it glowing a lighter grey then closing itself. Cortana does the same thing, Glows lighter then closes. I've also been having trouble with...
  3. cortana and search bar

in Cortana
    cortana and search bar: why is my task bar like this . How can i combine cortana and search bar . Please tell me i am ready to change registory too.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-bar/41bb3ef4-95f0-46e7-80b0-d84c18b0f469
  4. Windows search bar & Cortana are not working

in Cortana
    Windows search bar & Cortana are not working: I cannot type in search text. Also Cortana does not work. When I go into Settings to try and resolve anything nothing works. Does anyone know if this is a temporary issue or something bigger....
  5. Search bar and cortana doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar and cortana doesnt work: Hello everyone, today i just updatet my windows from version 1809 to 1909. When i try to click on search icon nothing happens and same with cortana. I actually dont really care about cortana but the search bar makes me pretty angry. I have tried lot of fixes i found on...
  6. Cortana/Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana/Search Bar: I turned Off "Hey Cortana" in the Voice in Setting and it goes back to On all by itself. This intelligence is too "artificial. Let's get this fixed, As a Windows Insider I'm deeply disappointed Microsoft has not resolved this issue....
  7. Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar: Hi there! I need help figuring out how to be able to use the type here to search section again on my task bar. Since last night I have not been able to. When I click on it to type, it goes straight to highlighting the mic picture in blue and is not allowing me to type at...
  8. Cortana Search Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Not Working: My Cortana search bar (on the taskbar) has quit working in the past week or so. I cannot search for apps, files, or web results. Any query entered simply returns a blank white screen. The search bar in file explorer still works to search for files. Running Windows 10 Pro on...
  9. cortana search bar not working

in Cortana
    cortana search bar not working: as the title said, my cortana search bar isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-bar-not-working/22aa3cbd-4fc3-4f23-8a8e-b068530a646c"
  10. search bar/cortana not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    search bar/cortana not working: my searchbar/cortana has suddenly stopped working, when I click I get a message telling me there is a problem, please sign out. so I googled the problem I ran the systen file checker which reported a problem and said it was fixed, problem still there I reinstalled all...