Windows 10: cortana search box and start menu optimization

Discus and support cortana search box and start menu optimization in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by loklok3, Apr 6, 2019.

1. loklok3 Win User

cortana search box and start menu optimization

Hi,

Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu.

ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results.

tbh I'm never going to want to use cortana's voice functionality and would also like the ability to use the search functionality separate from Cortana.

For that matter, bundling software onto the base system and obfuscating the ability to remove it really just makes me want to switch to another platform completely. I know the execs see the correlation between their current model and the success with cell phone practices (a forced integration of services to promote additional acquisitions) but all this sort of thing creates is bad blood with the user base.
    It just seems strange ms is going the pedestrian route rather than trying to appeal to the people (tech-ish folk) who the undecided populous get their recommendations from.. It's about word of mouth at this point and not paying employees to talk people up at best buy (or here).

Oh! what about offering a commercial version (what we all on) and then a developer version (read 'premium'), with bloat removed, root-type access, and charge way more. Honestly I would pay more for a version that just lost the safety layer of interface, ie basic ui > win 8 sys menu (that bizarre black systems menu that resembles start)> control panel > registry. take my money.

Or you could go all in on bloat add the ability to use different templates and leave the bloat on sys, just allow people to bury it if they have the ability to (the difference in user base ability is used to naturally make obfuscation layer (ie. if you know how, you can do it (like it is now, but with another layer))). Then people can say, 'yeah, windows works ok, after you learn how to use it and remove the bloat' but that will just be a trap to get the undecided user base invested. (is me, self aware, uhg, it is i, lucy)

The fact that I have to think like this in order to appeal to (my perception) of the people who actually have power at Microsoft.

tbh ive had a few drinks after installing windows 10 for 2 days and trouble shooting system errors.

Sorry for the cynicism/sarcasm.

:)

loklok3, Apr 6, 2019

2. Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 6, 2019
  4. cortana search box and start menu optimization

Cortana Search Box/Start Menu

My Cortana Search Box does not work. Plus, the start menu (windows icon) also does not work. Windows 10

Janet Messman, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

cortana search box and start menu optimization

1. cortana search box and start menu optimization - Similar Threads - cortana search box

2. Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working: So I logged on my pc And i noticed all icons in task bar are gone so when i try to click the start menu its not working And when i put my cursor on the search My cursor becomes the loading thingyI tried restarting file explorer and it didnt workHelp...
  3. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and search box is not responding on clicking: Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have tried all available solution from youtube but its ain't working...
  4. Start menu and search box become unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and search box become unresponsive: I'm running the latest version of Windows, but this started before I upgraded. Whenever it happens, I have to restart the Windows Explorer service to get it to start back. I've looked at the Event Viewer, but nothing seems to jump out. The 2 warnings I see a lot are the...
  5. Start Menu Search Box Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Box Suddenly Changed: Where you see the Start Menu for Windows 10 on the lower left side of your screen, there is usually a white box which reads 'Type here to search'. I can no longer type anything there on my desktop or laptop. I now get a black popup that has some apps at the top and other...
  6. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  7. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  8. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  9. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linking cortana the search box and the start menu