Windows 10: Cortana search box half changes colour randomly, revert on mouse hover

Discus and support Cortana search box half changes colour randomly, revert on mouse hover in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Been having this issue ever since a recent Windows update on my work laptop (current OS Build 19043.1023) I can't 100% figure out what exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CristinaS, Jun 1, 2021.

1. CristinaS Win User

Cortana search box half changes colour randomly, revert on mouse hover

Hi all, Been having this issue ever since a recent Windows update on my work laptop (current OS Build 19043.1023) I can't 100% figure out what exactly triggers this, but occasionally the Cortana search box will partially change colour (see below) only to revert back once I hover my mouse over it. I thought it might be linked to something happening with Teams or Outlook as it often happens when I'm using those programs (possibly when a window opens?), but I can't figure out anything consistent as the trigger. When looking up my CPU details to create this account I only just now figured out this error triggers 100% of the time when I ctrl+shift+esc to open Task Manager, and also when I close that window (after hovering the mouse to get normal colours again), but again cannot figure out how it gets triggered at other times. I've tried switching between light and dark modes, registry bat files forcing black/white Cortana search bars, rebooting. Any thoughts welcome, this is driving me crazy!

:)

CristinaS, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jun 1, 2021
  3. cortana search box colour

the colour of my Cortana search box used to be the same as my taskbar but now it's white. I don't know if it's some update issue or what but this white colour is really bothering me. can anyone help?

ranoutofcoolusername, Jun 1, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Color Changes to mouse hover

Don, one last thought... Check to see if you have the latest (best) graphics card driver. HP may have one better than TP version for your box. Dick...

f14tomcat, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Cortana search box half changes colour randomly, revert on mouse hover - Similar Threads - Cortana search box

2. Windows Search box is half gray and half white

in Cortana
    Windows Search box is half gray and half white: Hi!I'm posting this as my final thing to do, cuz I tried EVERYTHING to fix my problem but nothing works.So here is my problem: I run Windows and everything is normal until I run some programs and RAM fills up. When the RAM usage is high something strange happens to my search...
  3. Cortana search box disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana search box disappeared: I went for a factory reset and now cortana search box is missing from taskbar. How do I enable it again. Normal box is still there but the one with cortana logo is not present anymore....
  4. Cortana search box is missing

in Cortana
    Cortana search box is missing: [ATTACH] Cortana search box is missing in task bar. I need to open application via voice commands and this is only way I found it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-box-is-missing/f7b7f9ae-b296-4e2e-91e9-f3672db8ba47
  5. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  6. Search Box/Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Search Box/Cortana not working: Hi microsoft. My laptop's search box/cortana isn't working. It doesn't show any search results. I already tried troubleshooting the search and indexing only to no avail. Please help...
  7. Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

in Cortana
    Half of the Cortana Search is covered.: When I open cortana and search for something, a gray bar covers most of the search box. This only happens randomly. Any idea why this happens?[ATTACH]...
  8. Search box in Cortana inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box in Cortana inactive: When I try to use the Cortana search box it tells me "I've lost access to your account please sign in" but the sign in the bar at the bottom is inactive. I cannot type in the search bar. This is new as I have been having problems of all the icons freezing requiring me to do...
  9. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...
  10. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998