Windows 10: Cortana / Search Box

Discus and support Cortana / Search Box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slh2536, Nov 29, 2015.

1. slh2536 Win User

Cortana / Search Box

The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on?

:)

slh2536, Nov 29, 2015

2. Cortana Search Box

Hi Nimit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur, when some of the system files got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Cortana search box

I am having 1709 version only...but still i am having no change in that

Hari Prasad_75, Nov 29, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Cortana / Search Box

Try Rt clicking on the taskbar to open the context menu > Search >Hidden.

JohnC, Nov 29, 2015
  5. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cortana / Search Box

1. Cortana / Search Box - Similar Threads - Cortana Search Box

2. my cortana and search box is not responding.

in Cortana
    my cortana and search box is not responding.: since the new updates downloaded and installed my Cortana and search box is not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-and-search-box-is-not-responding/0a5f0b39-4569-4816-a743-7f7df24d8634
  3. Why the search box and cortana is not working?

in Cortana
    Why the search box and cortana is not working?: The problem is occurred whenever I click on search box to write anything .It doesn't do any operation. And I click on cortana it shows the talk to cortana but it does not display anything to talk .This is the problem. I tried so many things but no one is not work. please help...
  4. Cortana search box disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana search box disappeared: I went for a factory reset and now cortana search box is missing from taskbar. How do I enable it again. Normal box is still there but the one with cortana logo is not present anymore....
  5. Cortana search box is missing

in Cortana
    Cortana search box is missing: [ATTACH] Cortana search box is missing in task bar. I need to open application via voice commands and this is only way I found it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-box-is-missing/f7b7f9ae-b296-4e2e-91e9-f3672db8ba47
  6. Search/Cortana Dialog Box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search/Cortana Dialog Box not working: Found that my search dialog box was answering all search requests as 'No results found', after any, and all search requests typed in search box, lower left of display. After much troubleshooting for a nonfunctioning search/Cortana nonfunctioning... ie Restart Computer,...
  7. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  8. Search Box/Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Search Box/Cortana not working: Hi microsoft. My laptop's search box/cortana isn't working. It doesn't show any search results. I already tried troubleshooting the search and indexing only to no avail. Please help...
  9. Search box in Cortana inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box in Cortana inactive: When I try to use the Cortana search box it tells me "I've lost access to your account please sign in" but the sign in the bar at the bottom is inactive. I cannot type in the search bar. This is new as I have been having problems of all the icons freezing requiring me to do...
  10. Cortana search box is now huge

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search box is now huge: Why did my Cortana search box suddenly more than double in size? Can't screenshoot it but imagine it taking up more than half the screen. I did absolutely nothing to change it and see no setting to revert it back to its typical size. I am running 1803. Restarted computer with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep cortana search box open