Windows 10: Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.

Discus and support Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input. in Cortana to solve the problem; All, There have been a few threads with this title but they are all old. I now have the same issue. I can ask Cortana to open the calculator for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Graham Keen_50, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.

All,

There have been a few threads with this title but they are all old.

I now have the same issue. I can ask Cortana to open the calculator for example and she does, however if I click the magnifying glass or just press the windows key and start typing, what I type is echoed in the search box but nothing every happens. I can type calculator and hit enter, but nothing runs.

I have tried stopping Cortana, run SFC and a variety of other actions from the different threads but to no avail.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Graham.

:)

Graham Keen_50, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Leah01 Win User

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!

I think it could be a useful diagnostic step to try using the onscreen keyboard instead of your proper keyboard. C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe

This could identify whether it is a search input issue or a keyboard issue.

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.

Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.

1. Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input. - Similar Threads - Cortana search does

2. My cortana and search box are not responding.

in Cortana
    My cortana and search box are not responding.: since the new updates downloaded and installed my Cortana and search box are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-and-search-box-are-not-responding/0a5f0b39-4569-4816-a743-7f7df24d8634
  3. my cortana and search box is not responding.

in Cortana
    my cortana and search box is not responding.: since the new updates downloaded and installed my Cortana and search box is not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-and-search-box-is-not-responding/0a5f0b39-4569-4816-a743-7f7df24d8634
  4. Cortana does not respond to voice

in Cortana
    Cortana does not respond to voice: I had a recent download in Windows 10 and Cortana no longer responds to voice questions. Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions to get Cortana working properly again....
  5. The search box does not respond

in Cortana
    The search box does not respond: when I click on the search box in the lower left corner of the desktop it doesn't open at all.? Dism does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-box-does-not-respond/40460d7f-eab7-4b75-8a96-04261d2c057a
  6. Cortana and Search not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not responding: Hi, After a new update KB4497165 on my windows 10 version 1909, the Cortana and Search on the toolbar are not responding when I click them. I have tried to uninstall the latest update, reset the search box and running troubleshoot. But nothing works. I am not sure if this...
  7. Windows search does not respond

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search does not respond: I am having a problem with Windows file browser, and it is a strange one. When the icon is clicked, it does not respond. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-does-not-respond/04d5c190-8c76-4e4b-8bb1-4cba62a630e6
  8. Cortana hears but does not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears but does not respond: I use Cortana to get stock prices so usually, for example when working correctly, I will ask; "Exxon stock price" and receive reply. Lately, I know Cortana hears because the words show up at bottom of screen but after several seconds Cortana responds "sorry I didn't get...
  9. Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!: The search boxes in Apps and Features or in the Settings or searching for any app in the start menu all dont respond any more to my keyboard like there is not keystrokes at all !!! What is this problem ? Windows 10 updated to latest. 131523
  10. Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.: Hello, I've been having this issue since the last Windows 10 update, When I first power on the computer the mouse and keyboard are slow to respond as if there is lag between them and the computer. Also the HDD activity light is going nuts. When I restart the computer...