Windows 10: Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Discus and support Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having a relatively annoying problem which I think should never happen in a good operating system. As the title already tells, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lamtung, Jul 28, 2017.

1. lamtung Win User

Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Hi everyone,

I'm having a relatively annoying problem which I think should never happen in a good operating system. As the title already tells, the cortana search box does not display proper icon for all the metro apps or the modern settings as can be seen from the attached image. Moreover, Windows Explorer also does not display thumbnails for images which is extremely inconvenient if you want to select some images. This issue only occurs recently and there is no sign that it will just suddenly disappear any time soon.

I'm using a domain account from my company with administrative rights. On the local account that I created myself everything works absolutely fine. So, I wonder if it is the domain account that causes trouble. I've tried every solution I could find on the Internet without success.

I would be very helpful if you guys can help me solve the problem

Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps [​IMG]

:)

lamtung, Jul 28, 2017

2. Cortana has disappeared from task bar. How do I get it back?

Cortana is not on the search list. , It does shows "hidden", "search icon", "search box". but no Cortana. What do I do now? Thanks for your answer. Cortana does appear on the All Apps list.

When I place the mouse on the taskbar and press the right button I get search but no Cortana on the list!

ThomasStewardZZ, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Windows Phone App for Windows 8 not showing what's on my phone

Yes I have installed the desktop app, but it is insufficient. It does not show contents in the way the metro app does. BTW, the metro app works fine on my Surface Pro 2

PhilipHoskins75, Jul 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, check this option is not ticked:

Is the Mail shortcut icon in the start menu displayed correctly?

dalchina, Jul 28, 2017
  5. lamtung Win User
    It worked and both issues are now resolved!!! Thanks a lot for your support !!

lamtung, Jul 30, 2017
  6. aosman Win User
    Hi there, I have a similar imperfection which showed up upgrading to creators pack 2. When I search for Window store apps, (i.e. Mail, Calculator, Feedback, Edge) with Cortana, I always get blank icons. The app icons appear if I dock them to start or to task bar and they all work. It's only the icon that is missing when I search.

I have tried rebuilding search index, reinstalling whatever apps I can actually reinstall (like mail) and what was suggested above, but it does not fix it. Any ideas?

I have reported it to Microsoft via feedback app, but wondering if anyone else has been able to manually fix it.

aosman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps - Similar Threads - Cortana search does

2. Not showing app icon correctly in windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing app icon correctly in windows search: I am using windows 10 on my PC. And it is also up to date. But the problem is, when I search a Microsoft app in the search bar, the app icon does not show. It is showing like an image icon.so, Pleze helps me to resolve this error....some of the images are bellow.... This...
  3. Cortana Search Icons not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Icons not Working: Hello, since I installed the new Google Drive App, my Cortana Search Icons are not showing anymore. Is there a way to fix this without deleting Google Drive....
  4. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  5. Help: Windows App Icons not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Windows App Icons not showing in Search: [ATTACH] Recently I've noticed that when searching for Windows Apps they aren't showing the correct icon but rather the Photo App icon. It may have been when I changed some settings in the Photos app but I'm not sure. They display fine in the Start menu but not in Search....
  6. Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon: I wrote a windows app and wrapped it with msix. I sideloaded the app. The app shows the correct icon in the start menu, pin it to start menu for icon sizes small, medium, wide, and large, or pin it to the taskbar. The icon in the applications title also displays correctly....
  7. App searches still show old icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App searches still show old icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftewvf/app_searches_still_show_old_icons/
  8. Cortana icon is the search icon instead of the circle...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana icon is the search icon instead of the circle...: Weird issue here... I installed Windows’s 10 18290 on 2 of my laptops from a fresh iso...and instead of the cortana icon being the circle it’s the search icon? And cortana is activated working like normal. On my laptop it’s the circle cortana icon. Weird.. I tried disabling...
  9. Cortana Search shows wrong icons .....more details in thread ...

Cortana Search shows wrong icons .....more details in thread ...: please see attachment *Smile i had changed my icon of "this pc"" to a custom one and then i restored it back to default now when i search in cortana for example i write "this pc" in the box and it shows up with the custom icon instead of the default "this pc" icon....i hope...
  10. Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed!

Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed!: Like innumerable other Win10 users, I have been trying for quite a while to get broken apps and Cortana to work again, after the Anniversary 'update'. I've repeatedly tried sfc /scannow; DISM restorehealth; MS Repair tools; Windows troubleshooter; the infamous Powershell...