Windows 10: Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

Discus and support Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working. in Cortana to solve the problem; Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Bad Cheezburger, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps are tied to it. Moreover, there are fixes I've tried which do not work.The story is, I've only just noticed some issues lately with the search function that were not apparent to me pre-21H2 on my Windows 10 Pro machine . Initially, I considered that my prior issues with something else and my method for resolving it* caused

:)

Bad Cheezburger, Feb 6, 2022
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working. [​IMG]

Try0x101, Feb 6, 2022
  3. MattCorey Win User
    My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2022 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Feb 6, 2022
  4. techforay Win User

Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

search field and cortana wont function

Hi all
    I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine just not cortana or search. I have tried all the stuff online to fix this without success.

I have tried a group of suggested solutions like Scannow,Get-appx comands and a few other things i saw online. Can someone walk me through a process to solve this.

techforay, Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

1. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working. - Similar Threads - Cortana Search function

2. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  3. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  4. Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search

in Cortana
    Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search: 2 seconds ago Cortana still could search for the Windows Mail app but all a sudden it could only give me Settings app as a result. Did not do anything previously and it suddenly couldn't search for the app. Tried re-indexing but still couldn't search for it. Any solutions?...
  5. Search and Cortana not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search and Cortana not working?: This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager...
  6. Search function in mail app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function in mail app not working: Worked fine until today. Tried troubleshooter, tried reset account, tried uninstall and re-install.. no joy Search icon just spins forever and no results appear. Can send and receive mail as normal. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas? Many thanks in advance...
  7. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  8. Re-install cortana and search functionality?

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-install cortana and search functionality?: Hello So i recently updated my PC to the latest windows ten anniversary update, and it re-installed Cortana, so i ran the well known uninstall file to remove it. But it seems in this update removing Cortana breaks the search functionality as well. Is there a way to...
  9. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...
  10. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973