Windows 10: Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search

Discus and support Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search in Cortana to solve the problem; 2 seconds ago Cortana still could search for the Windows Mail app but all a sudden it could only give me Settings app as a result. Did not do anything... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Yee Hong Cheng, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search

2 seconds ago Cortana still could search for the Windows Mail app but all a sudden it could only give me Settings app as a result. Did not do anything previously and it suddenly couldn't search for the app. Tried re-indexing but still couldn't search for it. Any solutions?

Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search 80558116-2d0e-4b7d-a688-fca9543807b4?upload=true.png

:)

Yee Hong Cheng, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Sangmer Win User
    Cortana returns faulty searches, no links function.

Hello, this morning I opened up Cortana to find a strange surprise: When I searched something, it returned strange, unrelated searches with modified keywords (different than the ones I searched). In addition, none of the links were functional, even when
    changed tab to images or local it simply returned the same unusable links from the web tab. In addition, no links offered by Cortana work at all, apart from the settings tab which I used to turn Cortana off. Once off the Bing search worked again, but upon
    restarting Cortana, the problem was still present. Help! I'm using the dev preview of 8.1

Sangmer, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search

Search without Cortana

Hi,

The search function on Cortana showing both local and online suggestions is designed to help users to gain full access to all the possible search results. If you're trying to search for a local file without picking up online suggestions, we recommend that
    you use the filter option to refine the search. Here are the steps on how to set the filter:

• Type the word that you're trying to search.
    • Select the appropriate filter for the desired result.

Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search 8f635b1a-87cb-478c-89d6-f384502ffef7.png
    • Wait for the list to load and click the desired search result.

Basic searches like, function, settings, and location doesn't require filter. In addition, you can click the drop-down arrow for
    Filters to view other filter type.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search

1. Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search - Similar Threads - Cortana search function

2. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  3. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  4. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Cortana
  5. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  6. Cortana fails to search apps

in Cortana
    Cortana fails to search apps: Dear Community, everytime when I want to start an app and I start typing in cortana it turns white. Seen in the screenshot. Any ideas what could be done? [ATTACH]...
  7. Re-install cortana and search functionality?

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-install cortana and search functionality?: Hello So i recently updated my PC to the latest windows ten anniversary update, and it re-installed Cortana, so i ran the well known uninstall file to remove it. But it seems in this update removing Cortana breaks the search functionality as well. Is there a way to...
  8. PC Search function after deleting Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Search function after deleting Cortana: If I take ownership and delete Cortana from Windows/SystemApps will my search function on the taskbar still work (that is, search within the PC)? 14869
  9. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756