Windows 10: Cortana search icons, square with x in them

Discus and support Cortana search icons, square with x in them in Cortana to solve the problem; Whenever i try to search for an app using cortana, instead of an icon this will show up for all my apps except one i just installed. How can i fix... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jchirpich, May 17, 2019.

1. jchirpich Win User

Cortana search icons, square with x in them

Whenever i try to search for an app using cortana, instead of an icon this will show up for all my apps except one i just installed. How can i fix this? I've tried reseting the icon cache but that didnt work Cortana search icons, square with x in them 014a9b75-8713-48b3-9c33-9bec1a29051e?upload=true.png

:)

jchirpich, May 17, 2019
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana search icons, square with x in them [​IMG]

Try0x101, May 17, 2019
  3. the icon inside search box become square after i try to disable cortana.

when i try to disable my cortana, the search box inside icon become square. so i try to revert back the setting, and then restart. but the icon still square. anyone know how can i fix it?
    Cortana search icons, square with x in them 6ba2e285-7314-4660-ad96-3cd111469bb8.png

zacharychens, May 17, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Cortana will not search

Hi Richard,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• Which is the latest build installed in your computer?
    • Is the issue specific to Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error message?

Follow the Methods below and check if Cortana search works as it should. Thank you.

Method 1: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still persists follow next Method.

Method 2: Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Do let us know if the Cortana's performance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana search icons, square with x in them - Similar Threads - Cortana search icons

2. Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.

in Cortana
    Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.: This issue is only present with the windows cortana search area; desktop, file explorer and taskbar icons are perfectly fine. Programs with the icon error will still launch normally. I am unable to restore to a previous point in time as I have not set a point before the issue...
  3. Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.: This issue is only present with the windows cortana search area; desktop, file explorer and taskbar icons are perfectly fine. Programs with the icon error will still launch normally. I am unable to restore to a previous point in time as I have not set a point before the issue...
  4. Black box with white "x" for a majority of icons in Windows Cortana search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search: I updated my PC 2 days ago and It started showing an x instead of my icons if I search. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-x-over-black-box-instead-of-normal-icons-on/f4ddd21a-3f87-4ced-919f-eca72e2c1865
  6. white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    white x over black box instead of normal icons on Cortana search: I updated my PC 2 days ago and It started showing an x instead of my icons if I search. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-x-over-black-box-instead-of-normal-icons-on/f4ddd21a-3f87-4ced-919f-eca72e2c1865
  7. Cortana Search Icons not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Icons not Working: Hello, since I installed the new Google Drive App, my Cortana Search Icons are not showing anymore. Is there a way to fix this without deleting Google Drive....
  8. The icons of the apps in the search Cortana are black squares with an "x" inside.

in Cortana
    The icons of the apps in the search Cortana are black squares with an "x" inside.: [ATTACH] I have tried : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /startcomponentcleanup sfc /scannow And my windows is...
  9. The logos of the apps in the search Cortana are black squares with an "x" inside.

in Cortana
    The logos of the apps in the search Cortana are black squares with an "x" inside.: [ATTACH] I have tried : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /startcomponentcleanup sfc /scannow And my windows is...
  10. Icons with grey X on them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons with grey X on them: Someone help me, i dont know what i did wrong, it looks like this. https://gyazo.com/64e07d3a718d13740257f9a01922b565 submitted by /u/MattNotes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkyqx0/icons_with_grey_x_on_them/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Search icons displaying x

2. cortana is a square box