Windows 10: Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working

Discus and support Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working in Cortana to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 update on March 12, 2019 last Tuesday, I noticed that the Cortana search is not working anymore. When I type some input letters on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EL Micro, Mar 16, 2019.

1. EL Micro Win User

Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working

After the Windows 10 update on March 12, 2019 last Tuesday, I noticed that the Cortana search is not working anymore. When I type some input letters on the Cortana search bar, Cortana only takes in and displays the first two letters I typed on the search bar every time. Then, only after few seconds displaying the two letters on the bar, these two letters get cleared up from the bar. It looks like the Cortana is trying to do something like displaying info on the screen, but fails. A circle going in cycle was displayed on the search bar for a brief few seconds while I tried to type some input letters. I don't know what happened to the Cortana on my Windows 10 , HP Pavillion P7-1449 computer. Does anyone has any suggestion to fix this problem ? Any help will be appreciated.

:)

EL Micro, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Search and Cortana not working in Windows 10

Hello James,

Please provide us more information to help you further:

• Did you try turn off cortana and check?
    • Please provide us the screen shot of the issue for better assistance on this issue.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.
    • Run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

You may try to switching off Cortana and make it ON. Check for the issue. Refer the below article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...f3-afa3-187f9ce290e8/switch-cortana-on-or-off

Also refer:

Search for anything, anywhere

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17190/windows-10-search-for-anything

Hope this information is helpful. Reply with the necessary information to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working [​IMG]

Try0x101, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working - Similar Threads - Cortana Search Working

2. Search and Cortana not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search and Cortana not working?: This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager...
  3. Windows Search & Cortana not working in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search & Cortana not working in Windows 10.: From one day to another, windows search (also the search in the explorer) and cortana stop working. I tried these 5 solutiones but none work:...
  4. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  5. Cortana Search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working: Hi, I have two issues with Cortana Search. In 1 PC the user is able to search the apps using cortana search but as soon as he clicks the apps, the apps closes i.e. if he opens CALC then CALC opens and closes immediately. This is happening for all the microsoft apps. But...
  6. Cortana / Windows search is not working

in Cortana
    Cortana / Windows search is not working: I can not even type anything in the search box. I have tried every imaginable fix. I am thinking the only way to fix this might be a factory restore. I am at my wit's end. Any help would be sincerely appreciated....
  7. Cortana and search not working window 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and search not working window 10..: I am facing problems, and some of the inbuilt functions are also not functioning as expected. The Start Menu, Cortana and the Taskbar Search functions in Windows 10 operating system have been one of the most useful features that let me search any file without leaving the...
  8. Windows 10 Search (Cortana) Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search (Cortana) Not Working: Hi all So this is a well known issue with a magnitude of other users reporting it. I myself have experienced this on around 90% of all Windows 10 PC's I've worked on and configured/built so the problem is very prevalent and I'm at a loss to explain why this hasn't been...
  9. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973
  10. cortana/search not working?!?!

in Windows 10 Support
    cortana/search not working?!?!: just done a fresh install with the latest iso available. here it is the problem using search/cortana... (honestly i didn't care in the past, so i don't it's a normal beahaviour) -loggin in as administrator i can use the search and find settings like "system restore" or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after win 10 tuesday update cortana not working