Windows 10: Cortana search is not` opening apps just showing the way to open

Discus and support Cortana search is not` opening apps just showing the way to open in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH]H Here I uploaded a screensort of the cortana search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Soumik Datta, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Cortana search is not` opening apps just showing the way to open

Cortana search is not` opening apps just showing the way to open 65faaf73-589f-44f4-8fe9-c490c150340d?upload=true.png H

Here I uploaded a screensort of the cortana search

:)

Soumik Datta, Jul 28, 2020
  2. JoeShades Win User

Cortana opening apps

Just installed my microphone and tried hey coratana and i am less than impressed, I thought cortana could open all modern apps, but for most all i get when isay hey cortana open news or sports and most others is a web search. Is this correct? also how do i get coratana to search my files? again it just opens a web search

JoeShades, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Cortana Searches the Web but doesn't open apps

I'm having the same issue but I've restarted Cortana and my computer many times over the past couple of days and nothing has changed. Any program not on the all apps list is invisible to Cortana and I can't seem to get programs not on the list onto the list.
    Having same issue with some of my music.

Just as
    EnzeruOnizuka
    did, I had someone open an app on their Windows 10 my Cortana can't open. He can get his Cortana to open it just fine.

Timjcampbell, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Cortana search is not` opening apps just showing the way to open

Cortana not opening any thing just search on web!!!!

I am using in Laptop. So, if you ask me you need to start reading from i post issue or maybe need to give it to Monica Cam(Forum Moderator).

If your reading then you need to see pics i attached, which are show you when you give voice command to Cortana and it's response ::: Hey Cortana (OR win+c)

Voice Commands
    Results
    need to do

Open file explorer
    Windows Explorer is known as file explorer in windows 10
    not opening file explorer just Show this message (you can see in pics)

open calculator
    just searching on Edge
    not opening search in bing

open Google Chrome
    show: According to Wikipedia google chrome is a free search engine, developed by Google.
    same not open it

open control penal

open control penal to change settings and controls

or

sometimes show image from bing

not open

Play my songs / Play (name of song)
    open edge and search in bing : "my songs"/Name of that song
    not open Groove music and play list of songs

Many more voice command are not working.

But if you are read issue from first you can figure out that all issue because of corrupted use profile and i am just change it and use only 5-6 days issue are occurs again.

Path G Patel (PGP), Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Cortana search is not` opening apps just showing the way to open

1. Cortana search is not` opening apps just showing the way to open - Similar Threads - Cortana search not`

2. Cortana not opening apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not opening apps: I can't open apps like chrome or anything using cortana ,it says ' I'm sorry, but I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-opening-apps/6d34046b-8832-45a4-84ba-24774b350b37
  3. Cortana is not opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana in my new laptop with windows 11 OS is not opening any apps. Cortana is providing internet search results though. can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4073f16f-9cc0-438b-9ddd-744833ecef0e
  4. Cortana is not opening apps

Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana in my new laptop with windows 11 OS is not opening any apps. Cortana is providing internet search results though. can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4073f16f-9cc0-438b-9ddd-744833ecef0e
  5. cortana not opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana not opening apps: I am not able to open apps using cortana. It is showing - "sorry, I am not equipped to do that" . May be some settings error, but till now I am not able to find any source to rectify this problem. No clarity is there ,,,how to solve this problem....
  6. Cortana is not opening Apps

Cortana is not opening Apps: Please Resolve This PRoblem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4efbaf7d-c7aa-4ce0-aec2-fce7a4a69f55
  7. cortana opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana opening apps: When I ask cortana to open up Netflix or spotify, or any app, it says: okay, opening 'that app' but next she doesn't open that app but opens settings for me: Language & time. All my language options are for united states, but only my time is from the time zone of paris. I...
  8. Cortana search bar in not open

in Cortana
    Cortana search bar in not open: How can I turn on the Cortana search bar? I can talk to ask Cortana a question but I cannot type the question. The search bar is accessible. The microphone is visible....
  9. Cortana will not open, run and search

Cortana will not open, run and search: When I click the Cortana icon nothing happens, it will not open so I cannot use it for searching, reminders, etc. How can I deal with this? 57654
  10. Cortana web searches not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana web searches not opening: Does it still do this when you have Microsoft Edge set as your default web browser? Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Yeah, it still doesn't work.