Windows 10: Cortana Search not working correctly

Discus and support Cortana Search not working correctly in Cortana to solve the problem; So, for a couple days my cortana search is not working correctly. When I have it set to the icon, if I have another application focused, clicking on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Chrionz, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Chrionz Win User

Cortana Search not working correctly

So, for a couple days my cortana search is not working correctly. When I have it set to the icon, if I have another application focused, clicking on the cortana icon to search will not bring up cortana. Only way to bring up cortana after pressing the icon, is to go into an app that is built into windows (Settings, File Explorer, etc.) If I have it set as a search bar, I can click and type at any time though. However, with both settings, when I do search something and right click anything, it flashes the menu for a second then stops.

In safe mode, the issue with the icon does not happen, however cannot test anything else because it does not allow me to type into the search.

Have tried restarting, rebuilding index, and rolling back update.

:)

Chrionz, Apr 26, 2019

2. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana Search not working correctly [​IMG]

Try0x101, Apr 26, 2019
  4. janeoct22 Win User

Cortana search not working AT ALL

Cortana has not worked since I took the laptop out of the box. There were no changes made to the PC. I will try creating a new admin account as suggested by the link above and will let you know if that still does not work. I have tried all of the other
    steps listed in that article.

janeoct22, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana Search not working correctly - Similar Threads - Cortana Search working

2. Cortana not working correctly.

in Cortana
    Cortana not working correctly.: Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command...
  3. Cortana now working correctly.

in Cortana
    Cortana now working correctly.: Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command...
  4. Search and Cortana not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search and Cortana not working?: This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager...
  5. Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Search not working correctly: Hello everyone I'm having a problem with a search bar in win10. I just did a clean windows install and noticed that the search bar doesn't find some of the things I'm looking for. For example, if I searched for "sound" or "remove" before reinstalling windows, the search...
  6. Cortana and Search not working.

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not working.: Since I've updated my windows 10 to the November Update. The Cortana and search bar is permanently disabled, it ran only the first time. I reinstalled the newer version, they worked for first time, but again got disabled in the next restart. I tried all possible solutions,...
  7. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  8. Cortana Search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working: Hi, I have two issues with Cortana Search. In 1 PC the user is able to search the apps using cortana search but as soon as he clicks the apps, the apps closes i.e. if he opens CALC then CALC opens and closes immediately. This is happening for all the microsoft apps. But...
  9. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973
  10. cortana/search not working?!?!

in Windows 10 Support
    cortana/search not working?!?!: just done a fresh install with the latest iso available. here it is the problem using search/cortana... (honestly i didn't care in the past, so i don't it's a normal beahaviour) -loggin in as administrator i can use the search and find settings like "system restore" or...